Biggest Mental Thrill

Well, OK...here's a few things that still scare me a bit on rides I've been on recently...

The Beast @ Kings Island: This one does a few things, actually. First up is the slowest lift hill in THE WORLD, where they play music to further build anticipation on a WOOD coaster (and nearly every single wooden coaster has that "IT'S GONNA FALL APART WHILE I'M RIDING IT!" feeling), followed by a large drop into a teeny-looking tunnel. Then you go off, racing in the woods, through more dark tunnels at high speed, until you feel secluded. Then, you catch your breath on the second hill, to finally see Kings Island in all its beauty...only to turn left and drop into the legendary helix o' doom :wacko: . This ride plays mind games like no other...while I don't find it "super scary" anymore, it is indeed VERY thrilling and I must still mention it here.

Drop Tower @ Kings Island: One of only a few rides at KI that still scare me, though it's not the drop- it's going up, and then that "bounce" feature still spooks me every time...It's gonna scare my sister to death when she rides it when we go to KI this year, she has yet to build the courage for it.

The Voyage @ Holiday World: When it's running well, this ride is downright terror-inducing. It makes me feel like my head is going to get cut off...at least fifty (or something like that) times! However, when I last rode it, the airtime was much weaker and the whole effect was just lost. Plus it decided to get super-rough for some reason. I hope this ride doesn't become one of those "has-been" rides like Mean Streak @ Cedar Point or Old Texas Giant became...but, my rides on The Voyage in 2010 were epic and will not be forgotten. My 2011 rides...not so much.

Used to make this list: Pilgrims Plunge @ Holiday World: The "tilt" on the lift used to scare me, but last time I visited, I overcame it.

Scariest Coaster Moment Ever: Diamondback @ Kings Island. The ride doesn't scare me anymore, but on my last ride, the trim brake made a loud "BANG!" noise and I thought my lapbar had come undone. Yikes! :blink: (Thankfully, that was not the case, as I "checked" it during the MCBR) But, those 10 or so seconds in between, I was holding on for dear life...

Currently the only mental thrill is on The Beast when you go down the second large hill as you just start going fastish the track banks greatly and to me it feels like the car will just fall over sideways and kill me! Though on Flight of Fear the first time i was so scared in line but my friend convinced me to get on well just as i closed my restraint he had to get off because he was too short. Waiting for the launch about killed me i was pale white in the pic. (Dont worry though i love Flight of Fear now after that first ride!)

Used to make this list: Pilgrims Plunge @ Holiday World: The "tilt" on the lift used to scare me, but last time I visited, I overcame it.

My GF hates that part of the ride. I love when I ride PP with someone who has never been on it I pretend to freak out so I can scare them into thinking the boat will slide off the lift when it tilts halfway up the lift.

Take it for what it is worth.

From Wiki:

In 1984, an accident occurred on "The Edge", a Freefall ride at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois. A supporting cable snapped, and the mechanism's anti-rollback devices failed to stop the car from plummeting to the bottom of the tower. Contrary to public belief and rumour, it did not crash down on top of another car and no one was killed in the accident. Four teens were treated at a local hospital and released. To prevent this type of accident from recurring, Intamin doubled the number of anti-rollbacks on the tower and the ride programming was changed so that a car did not enter the elevator shaft until the previous car has completed its descent from the tower. This change slightly lowered the ride's capacity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freefall_(ride)

My GF hates that part of the ride. I love when I ride PP with someone who has never been on it I pretend to freak out so I can scare them into thinking the boat will slide off the lift when it tilts halfway up the lift.

Although I wouldn't say "scare", I'll admit that PP's tilt unsettled me a bit on my first ride.