Kings Island,Great Wolf Lodge, and Even a little Beach!

CoasterGeek101

I took a mini trip to Mason yesterday and stopped at a few places. I stopped at Kings Island, Great Wolf Lodge and The Beach! (Well, we got dinner at Bob Evans and I took a few pics of the sign)

I have never been to Great Wolf, so I just stopped in for a few minutes just to "explore."

I got pics of Kings Island's Soak City, and the new Invertigo!

Check them out and comment!

Kings Island Soak City and Invertigo Pictures - http://coastergeek10...ls.php?album=27

Great Wolf Pictures - http://coastergeek10...ls.php?album=29

The Beach - http://coastergeek10...ls.php?album=28

And more detailed blog postings are on my website: Coastergeek101.com

normal_DSCN1620.jpg

normal_DSCN1621.jpg

normal_DSCN1649.jpg

normal_DSCN1648.jpg

6918716212_69115c9e44_c.jpg

7064788417_469e72159a_c.jpg

normal_DSCN1666.jpg

Well they have made one move (First come first serve parking) that is more in line with what Cedar Point does, why not another (eliminating the metal detectors) I wouldn't even mind if they replaced it with something like what Busch Gardens Williamsburg does, and just checks bags. Maybe have a wand for random security checks.

I like what they appear to have done with Invertigo's station. They seem to have added some new color to it, too, and I approve- it was in dire need of some "charm" and now it has a little (not too much, but a little). Though it still lags far behind Beast and Vortex's awesome-looking stations (then again, many of KI's rides besides those two do).

As for the coaster itself, wow. When they announced the ride would be changing colors to blue, I was worried the ride would lose the "LOOK AT ME!" appeal it had when it was bright yellow & red. Those fears are gone- this ride still screams "RIDE ME!" as much as ever before. I actually like this new paintjob more than the old one, even when it was in its prime.

@Kifan73 - Sure, glad you like them. I usually am. When I walked up to the front entrance, nobody said anything. I mean, if someone said to leave I would, but am I not supposed to be up that far?

@McSalsa - Yeah, I really liked how it looked.

And Guys, I have a video that is coming out tomorrow that features the construction!

Saw your post about this on your site and you said you didn't know what the whole thing in front of the clock was in the Great Wolf main lobby. It's not just for theme! it's actually a show that plays every night, they are animatronics! They sing and dance about nature, haha! It's so cool. You should go for real some time.

The metal detectors or at least the shade thing were taken down fairly recently, compare those pictures to this aerial shot from March 21st (pardon the cell phone quality picture):

img05431w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can just barely see the metal detector shade thing in the right side of the picture. So if I were to venture a (fairly uneducated) guess, that with them taking it down this late in the offseason, I'd say it's safe to say the metal detectors are gone. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Edit - Also great pictures by the way CoasterGeek, thanks for sharing!

I do have a few more pictures (only like 4 I think), they aren't anything too special. My dad took them when his friend took him flying and snapped a few pictures of KI for me, but they're all cell phone pictures and with him not being a big enthusiast they're basically just overview pics like the one above, he didn't know any of the new stuff to look out for since he hasn't been to the park in a few years. However, WindSeeker is in all but one I believe and Soak City can be seen in the distance in a couple if that counts for anything haha. I can post them though if you'd like.