What is your favorite Water Ride At KI?

mccarthysnerd

I have been absent from posting on KIC for a while but I've still been peeking around here to see

what everyone else has been posting.... I have just been very busy lately BUT...... Now I'm Back With A Poll Question!

What is your favorite Water Ride at KI, Congo Falls, WWC, and More

Why Do YOU like this ride?

Did you ride it the year it opened?

And anything else you have to say about your favorite water ride at KI

I enjoy congo falls myself especially when extremely hot out.WWC is close second only cause i was in line for an hour last year and they shut it down,i believe it was 90 degrees out,however it was a great excuse to go have an adult beverage! I cant think of any other water rides outside of Soak City where i would go with summit plummet!!! oh wait..... nothing stands out,maybe next year a new giga slide!

I'm with Browntggrr and would have said KCKC, Rivertown would be a much better place if that ride was still there. But of the remaining water rides I'd say my favorite is WWC. One of the reasons being is that I love how it is a fairly different experience each time you ride, when I was younger I would ride over and over again with family and friends to see who would get the wettest each time we rode. One of my favorite park memories was years ago riding WWC with friends over and over again at night (luckily we had towels in the car). It is a perfect ride to go on with others and even those in your group who choose not to ride can still have fun by trying to hit you with the water cannons. And of course, last but definitely not least, it has an awesome location back in the woods, the ride feels isolated from the park, though Diamondback now makes an appearance or two. I don't ride it nearly as much as I used to, but I have a blast every time I do.

Honorable mention for Race for Your Life Charlie Brown, another ride that I have had plenty of good times one and that gets you just wet enough, I just wish we had a bigger log flume still like KCKC. Congo Falls doesn't count for me because there isn't much to the ride other than the drop (I still enjoy it though), whereas KCKC took you up and snaked you around the tree tops before its big drop.

• Like 1

I do miss the big log flume we had, it seemed so tall with trees around it.

Right now love white water canyon, especially where it is tucked back into rivertown, very different ride each time, great with a group too.

Sure wish congo / amazon falls is good sure wish it could have been longer ride, but its nice to have.

Will the future hold water rides be designed more like holiday world did dual lines one on the dry/one on the wet side.

Its a nice concept.

My favorite is WWC because of the unknown of "how wet will I get?" That said, it's not always my first choice, which depends largely on crowds and the weather. On a cool day (i.e. temp in the 60s), the log flume is best because it won't leave you soaking wet. With the temp in the low 70s or on a late August weekday, I head for WWC for the thrill of gambling on a soaking while the line is short. Any warmer (upper 70s to 80s and above) and WWC's line gets really long, making the short line and guaranteed soaking of CF the better ride, though I'll often wait for WWC anyway, especially if I just ate and am waiting for the food to settle.

Coolangatta Racers, always loved it for 2 things, 1 is the australian theming (which is now gone <_< ) 2 for the thrill, it was the second kind of racing slide i ever had rode, and was the best one ever

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I like WWC because "You will get wet, You may get drenched.", which is pretty much guaranteed, also people complain that it's a long walk even if there isn't a long line in WWC, but there is a beautiful scenery to see, and exercise is good, especially for me. As long as I get to ride WWC, I don't care if I have to walk 2 miles. WWC is my favorite, even though Congo Falls came really close.

• Like 2

Coolangatta Racers, always loved it for 2 things, 1 is the australian theming (which is now gone <_< ) 2 for the thrill, it was the second kind of racing slide i ever had rode, and was the best one ever

Woah woah woah, look at that post! What little Aussie theme did it have except for the name? I mean really, BB1, I know you're a BB fanboy and all but seriously man get some liable content in your posts! :D:D 2 is liable at least, it still gives me a little bit of adrenaline and is still at my number 1 spot.

Strange what 2 years could change in a person ya' know.

On the flip side, I have been taking more of a liking towards the Congo Falls lately, easy to get on, and some great views of the Banshee Plaza.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

WWC is my favorite. I love rapids rides and the location of it is great being tucked back in the woods.

I like flumes a lot too so RFYLCB is a close second. KCKC is greatly missed as well, would love to get a new big flume like it back. It really sucks now with Tomb Raider being gone so that area has nothing for the regular season.

• Like 2