Happy Birthday, Beast!

Guest KingsIslandPR

^^

If I do, I would be over 120 years old...hey, people have lived that long before, and with the advances in medicine...

But, considering Beast will be a 100-year-old wooden coaster, unless it gets a lot of re-tracking or something, I will need to stay FREAKISHLY healthy to even attempt to ride it at my old age...

Coastergeek101:

I'm pretty sure as long as Kings Island is still around, Beast will still be operating, unless one of the park owners decides to be a complete idiot and removes it or there is a horrible accident (ride crashes, fire, tornado etc etc). There are tons of wooden roller coasters that are very, very old- some nearing or past 100- that still operate to this day. Here are some of the noteables:

Leap The Dips @ Lakemont Park- Opened 1902, world's oldest operating roller coaster.

Jack Rabbit @ Kennywood- Opened 1920, continues to thrill riders to this day.

Thunderhawk @ Dorney Park- Opened 1923, Cedar Fair's oldest operating roller coaster.

Giant Dipper @ Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk- Opened 1924, a favorite of many wood coaster fans.

Giant Dipper @ Belmont Park- Opened 1925, another west coast favorite...with the same name as the last ride I listed!

Racer @ Kennywood- Opened 1927, one of the world's oldest racing coasters.

Cyclone @ Astroland- Opened 1927, the world's most famous roller coaster, numerous "clones" made.

I think the point may be proven...here's the FULL list, sorted by age:

http://www.rcdb.com/...page=1&order=10

Kings Island may well have Racer, Beast, and Woodstock Express (or whatever they call it, more name changes could be in store) for years to come...all KI has to do is stay open, and maintain them, and they will continue to thrill guests for possibly centuries.

^

That one I knew about. Saw a TV special about the entire "transformation" when I was a kid about 10 years ago, shortly after it happened. I remember those old TV shows that used to play on the Travel/Discovery channel, learned about a lot of rides from them...weird fact- I once thought Magnum XL200 and Millennium Force were in two different parks. My jaw hit the floor when I learned ONE park had BOTH those awesome-looking rides...then, if THAT wasn't enough, I saw an Ad in a magazine for Top Thrill Dragster in 2003. :o

Browntggr is the winner

http://www.visitking...ide-record-book

Thanks Bret. I spent a good 20 minutes looking for that page, because I knew I had seen it before, but could not find it, so I kept my mouth shut, haha.

Browntggr is the winner

http://www.visitking...ide-record-book

I couldn't find that page to save my life.....

Nice job!

No problem guys.