Brady Episode Alert: 04/15/12

Thrill_Biscuit

EDIT: Not to mention that, once Mrs. Brady picks up the plans on International Street and runs through the employee gate by the restrooms, she delivers them to Hanna-Barbera Land (as the Scooby Doo coaster can be seen in the background)?

Well.... not quite. While Scooby Doo (the coaster, aka Beastie, aka Fairly Odd Coaster, aka Woodstock Express) can be seen in the background, Mrs. Brady is not standing in Hanna-Barabera Land. She's standing in a behind the scenes area, specifically right in front of the Administration Building. ;) That building is also where they shot the boardroom scene, in which Mike pulls the Yogi poster from the tube.

What I find interesting (along with the running scenes that you pointed out make no sense if you know the layout of the park), is that when they're running through the park, it's sunny, but when they're in front of Admin handing the plans over to the executives, it's raining. You can't really tell by looking at the actors, but the ground is wet, you can see some raindrops to the sides of the frame, and there are a few rather large raindrops that pass right in front of the camera lens.

I love that I have this episode (ok, ok, I admit... I have all 5 seasons!) on DVD, and The Partridge Family episode on VHS so I can watch them anytime I want. :D

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

EDIT: Not to mention that, once Mrs. Brady picks up the plans on International Street and runs through the employee gate by the restrooms, she delivers them to Hanna-Barbera Land (as the Scooby Doo coaster can be seen in the background)?

Well.... not quite. While Scooby Doo (the coaster, aka Beastie, aka Fairly Odd Coaster, aka Woodstock Express) can be seen in the background, Mrs. Brady is not standing in Hanna-Barabera Land. She's standing in a behind the scenes area, specifically right in front of the Administration Building. ;) That building is also where they shot the boardroom scene, in which Mike pulls the Yogi poster from the tube.

What I find interesting (along with the running scenes that you pointed out make no sense if you know the layout of the park), is that when they're running through the park, it's sunny, but when they're in front of Admin handing the plans over to the executives, it's raining. You can't really tell by looking at the actors, but the ground is wet, you can see some raindrops to the sides of the frame, and there are a few rather large raindrops that pass right in front of the camera lens.

I love that I have this episode (ok, ok, I admit... I have all 5 seasons!) on DVD, and The Partridge Family episode on VHS so I can watch them anytime I want.

It rained for about an hour that day around 1 o'clock. We ducked under the canopy of one of those car rides that are no longer there.

edit to add: it rained for an hour on the day I was there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a blast during those days that they filmed the Brady Bunch while working at the park. I was a litter getter back then and I saw a couple of my fellow litter getters in the background shots as they filmed. We wore all white uniforms, white pants, white shirt and a white golf cap. You might have noticed the two scenes where the litter getter was sweeping up trash. I enjoyed watching it today as it ran again on the Hallmark Channel. It was a blast watching them run from one part of the park to another as they were looking for the plans and then back to the admin building after they found it. One thing, they sure wasted a lot of time going from Rivertown, then running at the end of Coney, across the Antique Cars, through Octoberfest and up and down International Street. Did you catch the scene where the animal character took off his head while in the view of the public? That is a big NO NO. Or talking back to Greg when Greg ask him a question. Or asking the girl for her name and she wasn't wearing her name tag? It was fun to watch again and seeing the park as it was back in 1973. How young I was back then and when I still had a full head of red hair! LOL :)

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Not bad... I was only a week off. They probably skipped episodes:

It should be coming up in the rotation on MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television, Ch. 5.2 in the Cincinnati market) sometime in March.

Rotation? What's that mean?

MeTV plays the episodes in order, for the most part. They show four episodes each Sunday from 12pm-2pm. Last weekend, they aired Season 3 Episodes 18, 19, 20 & 21. The Cincinnati Kids is Season 5 Episode 11. I projected out and it looks like "The Cincinnati Kids" should air on April 13th as long as they don't skip episodes, which occasionally they do.

GatorGirl watches The Brady Brunch (as MeTV calls that two hour block of time on Sundays) every week, even though we have every season on DVD.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...