Metal Detectors

stky6

The metal detectors never bothered me, and I have metal plates.

The only thing that ever bothered me, security-wise, is during Halloween Haunt, an officer came over to the officer that was looking at my outed stuff, and tossed two baggies of hootch on the table, making it look as if it were mine.

Kings Island operated for 30 seasons without metal detectors and had no significant incidents. Their installation was an unnecessary over-reaction in the post-9/11 period. None of the pre-Paramount CF parks have them, nor do Disney parks. They're simply not needed, and during Haunt cause a major bottleneck.

I believe the installation of the metal detectors was more due to the racial tension that Cincinnati was knee deep in years ago rather than 9/11.

If that was the case, then they would of had them put in before 9/11. The only major themepark in Ohio that didnt have the detectors after 9/11 was Cedar Point.

In my days, hootch came in bottles. Grass came in Baggies brand plastic bags, and speed came in syringes.

Terp, of a certain age.

They were special, probably more expensive than the liquor inside them, mylar baggies that were designed to slide down the sides of boots. Looking at them, I was wondering how long it would take for the natural movement of leather on socked skin to burst the seams and sop one's feet in Wild Rose.

I have to say, the area in front of the gates does look much more appealing without those ugly metal detectors. And, though this is usually a minor inconvenience, I loved not beeing restricted to exiting to one side or one narrow spot in middle of the detectors, lol.

OhioChris - who doesn't like to take more steps than necessary, :lol:

Please ignore this if it's already been said, but almost every time I was at the park last year, the metal detectors were unplugged anyway. They were maybe, MAYBE, a possible deterrent, but they would not have stopped anyone who wanted to bring in metallic objects, gun, knife, or otherwise.

Paramount USED the detectors. Cedar Fair did, too. Until last year 2009. Perhaps it was a test.

They started dialing back on use of the detectors starting in '09 and only reverting back to them on more crowded days/Haunt nights. Anyone know if the security guards and staff that would normally be posted by the detectors were still there? They were really nice/cool and I'll miss them if they're gone.

Well i actually change my mind on the metal detectors (for now) due to its more flowy for the enterance to get into the park, and i could get in asap if im in a hurry like yesterday! Happy 200th!

It looks like Canada's Wonderland still has metal detectors. Anyone known if Kings Dominion or Carowinds still does?

Here's a link for the picture of the metal detectors at Cw,

http://www.cwmania.c...t=2430&start=30

Carowinds still have there's and they search bags.

At Universal Studios Flordia for there Halloween Horror Nights, they move temporary metal detectors, each night to the turnstiles and remove them for daytime operation.

Happy 200th!

^ I thought it was only KI's 40th? :P

His flux capacitor is better than yours!

;)

Yes i have been to the future, deloreans are great on time travel :P ! Actually that was my 200th post on KIC, just threw that in to my post.

• 1 month later...

Paramount USED the detectors. Cedar Fair did, too. Until last year 2009. Perhaps it was a test.

They started dialing back on use of the detectors starting in '09 and only reverting back to them on more crowded days/Haunt nights. Anyone know if the security guards and staff that would normally be posted by the detectors were still there? They were really nice/cool and I'll miss them if they're gone.

A few of them work in perimeter which is entrance points to the park, most I know have moved on.

Terp-from my observations I believe the past two years were a test.

I wonder why they brought those back? I`m sure there was some incident that prompted their return.

Probably a precaution. Halloween attracts trouble-add alcohol, and you have a hot mess. I am curious on how Haunt will be this year without them. I won't be there, so I will just keep my ears open.