Dinosaurs Alive! Movie Now Free

jdawg1998

Ah beat me to it! I think this is how it should have been all along. From what I saw last year (far from an official attendance figure, I know) there was almost never anyone going to the theater. I only can recall two times I saw a group of people walk back to the theater, the employee taking the tickets looked bored to death. Anyways glad to hear an attraction that was once free is free again, and a good way to generate interest for the walk through in my opinion.

I may check it out on a hot day now that it's free, too bad the motion seats are gone though.

Seems like Kings Island took "our" complaints (seeing how a lot of the changes they make are based off of our input here on KIC), and made our suggestions even better. I expected them to just include the movie with the $5 charge for the trail, but now, anyone can get in! That's what he's saying, right?

Seems like Kings Island took "our" complaints (seeing how a lot of the changes they make are based off of our input here on KIC), and made our suggestions even better. I expected them to just include the movie with the $5 charge for the trail, but now, anyone can get in! That's what he's saying, right?

Don't flatter yourselves.

• Like 5

I'm glad they made it free. I missed the old days of spongebob (and even james bond!) where I could go check out a good 3-D flick. but I did not know they took out the moving seats? that's kind of a bummer, I thought those made for a very unique experience. But I guess the lines were never really too long for the FX theater and maybe they saw it as too much of a cost. Once people see the movie once or twice, I doubt they go back.

In the blog entry at http://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog-article/online-fun/Free-adventure-with-teeth-awaits-Kings-Island-visitors :

...juxtaposing stunningly realistic and scientifically accurate computer generated imagery (GCI).

Looks like the SOB renovation from Great Coasters International is all but confirmed! Thanks for dropping hints, Kings Island!

From Greg Scheid, on Twitter

Happy to announce that the 3D Dinosaur movie will be FREE to all guests this summer! If you have not seen this movie, the quality is great!

The Visit Kings Island website still list it as $5.00 a person; my wife and kids were there today and they were charging to get in.

here is the link to the website showing it cost money. http://apps.visitkingsisland.com/dinosaursalive/movie/index.cfm

I guess this is the give and take situation, if only they would of made the tram service instead of this. Am I the only one whom has noticed that the parking lot would be greater for trams now as did last year?

I watched it yesterday, too. The 3D is probably the highest quality of 3D I've seen, but the film itself (a highly abbreviated history dinosaurs, with CGI dinos running around real landscapes) wasn't my cup of tea. Guess I'm just not as into dinosaurs as I thought, which is why I was also a little bummed that the ThrillSeekers shop is now almost entirely full of dino stuff (with a rack or two of Beast shirts somewhere by the register). Besides that, I must say that yesterday was still easily one of the best opening days I've been to!