Kings Island: Cedar Fair's test park

Diamondbacker

I think most of us could agree that KI is the test park for Cedar Fair. They used KI to test Dinosaurs Alive!, WindSeeker, and Fast Lane last year. This year, it looks like KI will be used to test Soak City and the new food options.

What I am curious to see is if CF will keep testing things at KI, maybe more food options or different amenities, maybe even another big ride like WS.

I could maybe see CF trying out small flats or pass perks at KI before rolling them out to the other parks.

• Like 2

Dinosaurs Alive! and Fast Lane, yes. WindSeeker and Soak City? WindSeeker was installed at four parks simultaneously, including the chain's flagship park, and the Soak City brand already exists at other Cedar Fair parks, again including the flagship. I disagree that those two are/were being "tested" at KI. As for pass perks, those appear to be starting at the aforementioned flagship with meaningful meal deals.

The new food options are being used across multiple(if not all) parks. Kings Island had a ton of land to have Dinosaurs Alive! so it probably seemed like the natural place to try it out. WindSeeker went into 3 parks last year, not just Kings Island.

As far as Fast Lane, I don't have a reasonable reason on why Kings Island was used, but to use those examples and say Kings Island is the testing ground is a little bit of a stretch.

I think we have something like that on our website already. There's one day tickets that include a "dining plan".

The King's Island "dining plan" tickets are simply tickets to Backyard BBQ. Not really the same thing or even new/different.

Not what he's referring to. If you look under the "Daily Tickets" tab, you'll see the dining plan tickets.

I think we have something like that on our website already. There's one day tickets that include a "dining plan".

The King's Island "dining plan" tickets are simply tickets to Backyard BBQ. Not really the same thing or even new/different.

Not what he's referring to. If you look under the "Daily Tickets" tab, you'll see the dining plan tickets.

Interesting. I didn't see that at all. I wonder if the park differentiates at all between a "meal" and a "snack".

I am sure Cedar Fair test in all the parks when the oppernunity is best for a certain park as different parks offer a different business model. I agree Kings Island has great strong people in all areas of the park to not to only test something new but to implement it well, such as Dinosaurs Alive and Fast Lane.

Since we kind of got on the topic of food I am not going to stray off the beaten path to far here, but I was wondering where the option for the unlimited drink wristband is on the website or did they do away with that in general?

Since we kind of got on the topic of food I am not going to stray off the beaten path to far here, but I was wondering where the option for the unlimited drink wristband is on the website or did they do away with that in general?

I'm pretty sure that was only available for school groups and the like, not for individual guests.

I'm pretty sure that was only available for school groups and the like, not for individual guests.

Thanks, I remember for my dad's company outing last year we got those and they really came in handy.

Maybe totally automated street car type system for the trams!!!! first of its kind for the parking lot.

But I think Cedar Fair trys stuff at different parks, and if it works sometimes rolls it out to all their parks ,

even their top four parks, knotts, kings, candada, and the flagship Cedar Point.

even their top four parks, knotts, kings, candada, and the flagship Cedar Point.

Interesting. You just named the four parks that "tested" WindSeeker last year. I highly doubt it was a coincidence that the top four parks got the first four WindSeekers.

I think most of us could agree that KI is the test park for Cedar Fair. They used KI to test Dinosaurs Alive!, WindSeeker, and Fast Lane last year. This year, it looks like KI will be used to test Soak City and the new food options.

Soak City is only new to KI. The brand itself is like...completely ancient since its been around for a couple decades at the flagship park. :P (tho can someone point in the right direction to another park that's zany enough to establish two wave pools alongside one another under CF?)