Kings Island's Ride to Area Transition!

savesonofbeastfb

After just looking at Kings Island's Timeline located on their website,

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/media-center/timeline

There is a transition between every year starting with a new ride then the next year a area getting redone, starting with the 2003 season.

2003- Delirium, Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle, Spongebob Squarepants 3D

2004- The redone and expanded Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay Waterpark opens

2005- Italian Job: Stunt Track

2006- Nickelodeon Universe

2007- Firehawk

2008- Rides recieve new names all throughout the park

2009- Diamondback

2010- Planet Snoopy

2011- WindSeeker & Dinosaurs Alive

2012- Soak City

2013- ?????

With this guess, I think Kings Island will be recieving another ride in 2013? Who knows.... Im just guessing. Tell me what you guys think.

• Like 1

That's kind of how amusement parks work. They try to make improvements and additions each year to give people a reason to come back. You could apply your theory to most major parks in the world, as well as several smaller parks.

Not to mention that, if you're trying to find a pattern, you'd probably want to look more closely at what Cedar Fair's doing and less at what Paramount did. If CF even has a pattern to their installments (which I slightly doubt), I don't think they're going to say something like, "Oh, the last owners installed a yellow ride in 2003. We'd better install a yellow ride in 2013 to keep up the pattern."

Cedar Fair itself is under new management as of 2012. Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance. The nickel king aka coaster king is well and truly gone. What the future holds will be seen when it is. As Yogi Berra famously has noted, predictions are hard, especially when they are about the future.

• Like 2

Based upon the new CEO's "talking points" it seems that KIs next major expansion will be more family oriented. Action Zone is the last major area that hasn't seen major improvement in the last decade, and it seems natural that a decision on SOB and adding something to that area would be the next move, however, perhaps a family style transition beyind X-Base involving the dino's could be in the works. I don't know how long they can get away charging $5 a person to walk thru Dino's Alive, but they could certainly use those Dinosaur's to theme some sort of family attraction. A "guided" boat ride thru the woods with the dino's spread out could work pretty well. I'm thinking something similar to what they have at Animal Kingdom. Or you could use the terrain behind DA, both natural and what you can make by pushing some dirt around to create an upcharge "adventure" track with drivers taking you over the terrain, steep hills, etc... in some sort of landrover or hummer style vehicle. I'm not sure where, but I know something like this exists at other parks.

Then there's a decent size empty building sitting by The Beast now, that could be a spot for a decent family attraction. The tower gardens are in need of some TLC, not much space, another place you might be able to do something with. Could they install some zip lines in the forest behind the park?

There are a lot of different places they can go. I'm not sure much can be done with the Action Zone until a decision on SOB is made. SOB limits a lot of what you can do if it remains standing, however if they tear it down, there is a lot of different directions they could go with that.

2007 - Firehawk

Did you miss the part where they "added" a new area called X-Base and added a now-faded aircraft runway paint job on the ground?

2009 - Diamondback

Did you miss the part where almost three-quarters of Rivertown was redone with the neat pavers and Beast received a new entrance plaza?

2011 - WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive

Did you miss the part where the entirety of Coney Mall received the neat pavers alongside the new plaza between WindSeeker and Vortex?

65.jpg

• Like 2

It stinks to see that internet meme douchebaggery has not missed KICentral. :mellow:

Agreed! Blah!

(I would have simply "liked" your post, but alas, I have reached my limit today. I shall have to remember I am only able to like a few things a day. This will make work and my classes go so much easier...)

:lol:

• Like 1

I think ki will add some sort of water slide or something to Soak City next year and tear down SOB , while CP will add a new coaster,then in 2014 SOB will be replaced by the largest steel invert in the world.

You need to look at what they are adding to Soak City this year. Both the SOB and the CP thing you are talking about is a rumor.

Based upon the new CEO's "talking points" it seems that KIs next major expansion will be more family oriented. Action Zone is the last major area that hasn't seen major improvement in the last decade, and it seems natural that a decision on SOB and adding something to that area would be the next move, however, perhaps a family style transition beyind X-Base involving the dino's could be in the works. I don't know how long they can get away charging $5 a person to walk thru Dino's Alive, but they could certainly use those Dinosaur's to theme some sort of family attraction. A "guided" boat ride thru the woods with the dino's spread out could work pretty well. I'm thinking something similar to what they have at Animal Kingdom. Or you could use the terrain behind DA, both natural and what you can make by pushing some dirt around to create an upcharge "adventure" track with drivers taking you over the terrain, steep hills, etc... in some sort of landrover or hummer style vehicle. I'm not sure where, but I know something like this exists at other parks.

Then there's a decent size empty building sitting by The Beast now, that could be a spot for a decent family attraction. The tower gardens are in need of some TLC, not much space, another place you might be able to do something with. Could they install some zip lines in the forest behind the park?

There are a lot of different places they can go. I'm not sure much can be done with the Action Zone until a decision on SOB is made. SOB limits a lot of what you can do if it remains standing, however if they tear it down, there is a lot of different directions they could go with that.

That building you speak of by The Beast is going to be a Haunt building for something.

If that was your attempt to prove your superior maturity, you missed the mark a bit.

Paying little attention to spelling, grammar, spacing, capitalization and the conventions of written language is enough to earn you distaste, but resorting to things like what you said above won't earn you respect.

• Like 4

Hey GORDO and Bluegrass, you guys should stop with your childish pictures, your in your 20s now,o wait you both probably still live with momma. Grow up and give your own ideas or thoughts and stop bashing everyone elses!

misc-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Oh look, we got a bad-butt over here.