KI & Miami Valley Railroad 1980 magazine article

standbyme

This was a really cool article. I think it would be really cool to see an compare and contrast as to the maintenance of when the article was written and now. One would hope that as much pride was taken on the trains as once was, however based on how the scenery has been neglected over the years I wonder if the detail on the trains has been as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, what a major bump. I love that article. When I see this stuff, I really start to hate the placement of Diamondback. The Railroad is the only original attraction from Rivertown and even though I'm a train freak, I would like to see the railway spruced up.

I would to, maybe Cedar Fair will bring them back since CP&LERR has animatronics

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/19/2012 at 2:37 PM, standbyme said:

Here's one last thing that I have dug up to post during this off-season. This is a May 1980 magazine article about the behind the scenes of The Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad. I am going to string this out over a few days because there is so much to read...and because I can! ;)

I hope you enjoy it. :)

lsaa.jpg

lsab.jpg

lsac.jpg

lsad.jpg

Where online did you find this magazine?