Mother's Day

lebeau

I think I read somewhere that Kings Island is usually pretty slow on the Bring a Friend Days (Mother's Day and Father's Day). Is that true? Thinking about getting the family together for one or both, but I don't want to if the place will be mobbed.

I seem to recall hearing that they were slow as well, but I don't recall where I heard it from. It makes sense, because why would they need to offer discounted admission on a busy day when people will fill the park anyway? They've run bring-a-friend days in late August each of the last two years to try to get more people in the park; it seems that the same would be true here. Anyone (here) know for sure?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been searching for the announcement of the Mothers Day $9.99 deal and haven't seen it posted this year. If anyone has seen it advertised, please direct me to it. I have been to the park on bring a friend free day and it was packed! I have not been on bring a friend for $9.99. It would be helpful to hear from someone who's been to both the free and $9.99 days. I am hesitant on going on $9.99 days due to the horrible experience I had with the crowds on bring a friend free days. Thanks in advance for the help. My family would like to go this Sunday with Mom.

I went last year for Father's Day, and it wasn't bad at all. ~shrug~

Good to hear.

As rainy as it was, we skipped Mother's Day. My sister and her kids went and were miserable. So it sounds like we might try the family gathering at Father's Day.

We canceled too. My trip to the Chicago Field Museum with nearly 4 yr old daughter, wife and her Mother was awesome! I hadn't been in years and it is so much better than I remember.

I'm seriously impressed with how much my daughter learned and was able to talk about this morning too.