TODAYS CINCINNATI PAPER:

westcoaster

Correct me that is not true that the Carousel was bought from Coney, and the organ is back?

That would be great.

While were on Carousels if you had a chance to read on the Clevelands new Carousel looks incredible, cannot find the link, I'll look, its an oldy and will even have a recreated entrance to a old amusement park.

Over all the article was great , that was in the paper, but the test quiz I missed the movies filmed at KI got the rest correct.

Look at the sources for the photographs. Some are "provided." Some are Paramount Parks (which should say Cedar Fair, since it bought that intellectual property). One is "Don Helbig."

I get the feeling Gannett has no one versed in the rules of intellectual property at the Enquirer.

Then again, the thing is printed, or soon will be, in Columbus. Amazing.

Westcoaster, the paper was doubtless told the carousel was bRought from Coney. Not bought.

You will notice on the quiz that they ask a question about Son of Beast in the present tense, ie, is ( then gives you your choice of tallest, fastest, both, or neither.). I guess technically, even thought its not operating, it still holds the record since they didn't phrase the question as "Son of Best is the ________operating coaster in the world. However, if you distinguish it this way, it still doesn't make sense to me how you can say a coaster is the fastest in the world when it is not even operating-I would assume that you would have to have some operation to have any speed.

This article was a nice read, but the Cincinnati "paper" has seen a steady decline. Is this because of a major corporation running them? Cost cutting choices of less editors, less fact checkers, and the cheapest staff? Moving the paper to be printed in Cbus? All of the above? Possibly. Gone are the days you could read a newspaper a believe everything it said.

You could always count on Jim Knippenberg, may he rest in piece, to write great, informative articles for The Enquirer about both KI and CP. I remember receiving a really nice e-mail back from him after I had e-mailed him about how much I enjoyed his articles.

That Cincinnati Reds Dugout Shop in the photos seems odd. That's strange to have a team shop 23 miles away from the team headquarters.

Oh well, I love the photos. Whatever happened to the College Football Hall of Fame?

Torn down.

Anyone else catch the error that you can take a right at the end of I-Street with the kids and go towards Little Bill's Giggle Coaster?

It's the Enquirer. You're lucky, that's actually one of their better articles. There weren't any misspellings in it.

After taking a social media class and publishing class I no doubt see why they make so many errors.

Even though it was not "purchased" from Coney Island, I do hope the article is correct that the carousel features the grand Wurlitzer organ. That would be a fantastic opening day surprise. Perhaps the organ has returned from its sabbatical.

Unfortunately I think there's a greater chance of mis-reporting by The Enquirer than there is of the organ returning.