Action Zone makeover 2013?

KingsIsland vs. Cedarpoint

I would love to see a revamp of Action Zone, but if you look in the past couple of years you have had Flight Deck receive a new paint job and then this year Invertigo has received a fresh coat. I would love to see SoB open in 2013, that would be revamp enough for me.

• Like 5

I'd personally like it more if the area itself was renovated. It 's very barren. They need to add trees, flowers, other landscaping...get rid of that ugly water tower unless they add a show like there was before , and make Flight Deck more noticeable!

• Like 2

Right! Flight deck is not noticeable at all. And same with The Beast!! That watertower is pointless . I've always wonderd why for Kings Island thrill rates Drop Tower is 4-5... Why not 5!!

How is Beast not noticeable? The trees hiding it? Beast likes his privacy, leave him be. :P

• Like 2

Right! Flight deck is not noticeable at all. And same with The Beast!! That watertower is pointless . I've always wonderd why for Kings Island thrill rates Drop Tower is 4-5... Why not 5!!

Well, sorry, but The Beast is noticeable, because it is arguably the best wooden coaster ever.

My point was, a lot of people don't know of Flight Deck which will make them a lot less likely to find it.

The Beast is perfectly fine where he sits right now.

Well i have heard many numerous speculations on 2013, like BB returning (one can hope :rolleyes: ) or SOB reopening. My speculations are that yes something infact will occur this 2013 season to AZ, and for the watertower idea, i like it due to the fact that since the Action Zone is supposed to be like a film action set, it makes me feel like i am on a set for an action scene. Hopefully they will keep the theme of the area.

Well i have heard many numerous speculations on 2013, like BB returning (one can hope :rolleyes: ) or SOB reopening. My speculations are that yes something infact will occur this 2013 season to AZ, and for the watertower idea, i like it due to the fact that since the Action Zone is supposed to be like a film action set, it makes me feel like i am on a set for an action scene. Hopefully they will keep the theme of the area.

They don't do any stunts there like they use too. And yeah.. 2013 is the year that Kings Island and Cedar Point bring us amazing thrills they are buying 2 roller coasters from B&M and I've got a feeling that Kings Island is going to have a record breaking coaster for the park bigger then Diamondback

mccarthysnerd, taking his "turn" at the topic that he discusses quite often acually.

I know that Kings Island does not take "turns" with the sections of the park that they want to remodel/refurbish/restore etc.

They choose whichever section that they feel needs restored and cleaned up the most or in there opinion, the "flagship"

section of the park at the time being.

As I have said before, Son of Beast could be reopened and it may never, Action Zone could get a new coaster and it could never get one....

There are numerous posibilities as to what could happen with Action Zone and when it will be re-done if it ever is. I would like to see SOB refurbished

or something but who knows. (not me)

In a word, perhaps. I want what is best for Kings Island, Cedar Fair's investors, and the park's customers. Look for a balance of attractions in coming years. Coaster Wars are over. Who is Kings Island competing with?

That is true they aren't competing with anyone.. And Six flags magic mountain is still competing with Cedar Point for coaster wars that's the too parks that are. And ive herd Cedar Point wants to get a B&M because they have to much itamain