Action Zone makeover 2013?

KingsIsland vs. Cedarpoint

Right! Flight deck is not noticeable at all. And same with The Beast!! That watertower is pointless . I've always wonderd why for Kings Island thrill rates Drop Tower is 4-5... Why not 5!!

The Beast is perfectly fine where he sits right now.

And so is Top Deck. The coaster is what it is because of where it sits. There is really no possible way of making it more "noticeable" anyways.

...because Cedar Fair is known for being in the movie business? The theme only serves to remind parkgoers of paramount thrills and the magic of the movies.

Never know :ph34r:

Well i have heard many numerous speculations on 2013, like BB returning (one can hope :rolleyes: ) or SOB reopening. My speculations are that yes something infact will occur this 2013 season to AZ, and for the watertower idea, i like it due to the fact that since the Action Zone is supposed to be like a film action set, it makes me feel like i am on a set for an action scene. Hopefully they will keep the theme of the area.

They don't do any stunts there like they use too. And yeah.. 2013 is the year that Kings Island and Cedar Point bring us amazing thrills they are buying 2 roller coasters from B&M and I've got a feeling that Kings Island is going to have a record breaking coaster for the park bigger then Diamondback

You sound like the little kid that i used to be saying that dinosaurs will be a ride at Kings Island oh wait that came true :lol: . A little lesson i learned when i was speculating about a 2012 thing, expect the unexpected, and you never know what they will do with their pieces of steal. Just my 2 cents :P !

Remember, the new sheriff is focusing on families, not as much on the thrill seekers and enthusiasts. It does not take a psychic or even the ever so intuitive Terpy to interpret what that means. I would not expect another major steel going in soon, although I would possibly see a mid size family coaster in the next few years.

As far as AZ goes, I think they have gotten a good start on the revamp of that area with what has been mentioned above. There is only so much money to repar/fix/replace areas of the park. SOB aside, at this point they have Invertigo and FD taken care of already. With that already done maybe we will see a nice repaint and light package added to DT, possibly pavers, and maybe rest rooms and shops painted. Just those items would spruce that area up. Look at what that did for CM and Rivertown the last few years. The water tower does not do anything for me and could be removed. A mini stage in that area instead would be nice for an evening show/DJ/karaoke.

• Like 2

This is not a rumor, nor do I have "sources". This is just something I could see happening, and would love to happen. B&M giga coaster. The station and plaza behind Delirium where King Cobra's footings still stand. The lift hill soaring above Adventure Express with the drop in the grassy area near Racer's station and Flight of Fear. The layout would be similar to Leviathon, but mirrored and with it's own Kings Island twists! Like I said; this is just me dreaming!

Yes. Or no.

No such thing as "turn."

I'm not trying to sound rude (unlike The Interpreter), just saying, but I think he means that it's "their turn", as in, it's the Action Zone's turn to get a makeover.

^

If we are talking RCT3 Sandbox mode...Kings Island would be...FREE. Food? FREE. Drinks? FREE. Parking? FREE. Only problem is that that would draw in MASSIVE crowds. So we must lengthen all the coaster's trains...Diamondback's 9-car train becomes 12 cars per train, and now it runs 4 trains! Beast now has 10-car, 6 seater trains! And we build new rides, too- pretty much everything in the catalog! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Nothing can possibly go wrong!

(McSalsa shows up at Kings Island for Opening Day 2012)

Oh Boy! Kings Island!

(Walks in)

Huh...wait...a...sec...ond...why...is...every...thing...lagg...ing...oh...crud... :P

(This was a joke post)

^

Even the fast laners would have to deal with the RCT3 lag. Which would enrage them...

...I...paid...$50...for...this...fast...lane...ticket...and...it...is...still...freakin'...lagging...

(Park management notices the lag)

Helbig: Uh-Oh! Better lower the graphics settings to "High Performance"!

Me: Hey, the lag went away...but why does everything look 2D and all cruddy? And why can't I see WindSeeker until I am 10 feet away from it? :P

(Another joke- poking fun at the lag in RCT3 that occurs when you build tons and tons of rides and are forced, even on good PCs, to resort to low settings- although on my sister's modern pc I can get decent performance with a KI-sized park running at about 20 fps with everything open and people- but the settings are still only only on "800x600 performance" with the draw distance turned up so I can "see" the rides and stuff).

^^

It sure is...I should note, in that KI-sized park I was able to run at 20fps...that was DAYTIME mode. My sister's computer, which was bought NEW last year, has a multi-core CPU, 4GB Ram, and a 1024MB built-in (laptop) Video Card...and this is the best I can run RCT3.

I have always wondered though- how would RCT3 run on a modern monster gaming PC? (You know, the ones with DUAL graphics cards, 7-core CPUs, 16+GB Ram, cost over $3000, etc etc...)

I'd like to see Action Zone go to a jungle/safari-type theme.

Or an Australian Outback themed area/waterpark called Boomerang Bay, or switch SC and BB around so that KI has 2 waterparks & 1 theme park for one price thats very pricey and upcharges on drinks and food!

for 2013, I'll side with a decision to finally for that pile of wood. I honestly don't think that CF (even under Kinzel) had/has any intentions of reopening it (think about it- if you're KI's insurance company would you allow them to reopen a coaster with a law suit history?, it's a business not a charity). I think it's there until a larger "master plan" for the area can be developed/put in place.

As for the thrill-seekers aspirations for a giga-hyper-mega and/or record-breaking coaster- the 1990's called, they want their dream(s) back. I'm going with IndyGuy on this one. new chief is building on families and less on the average thrill seeker. I'd look for a family-oriented dark ride of some sort to debut in the former Tomb Raider building for 2013 and perhaps a Action Zone (and former SOB site) overhaul in the 2014 range.

• Like 1

This is just the simple rambling of a fan. A fan who likes to see great things happen at great places. Despite a relative fanbase, yes, I would remove the S.O.B. In it's place I would take advantage of the wooden area, and maybe start a new theme. Something similar to Rivertown, but not really at the same time. I would put up a massive new concept, something much like Adventure Mountain at Dollywood ( only bigger ) with the trees in the background to make it blend in splendidly. I would put up a new log flume ride to also fare well with the trees. Maybe I would even add a pond, where children could fish. ( That's different! ) In addition to all of this, I would add a zip line, and plant some new trees. ( Save the Trees )

• Like 1