Action Zone makeover 2013?

KingsIsland vs. Cedarpoint

maybe a enclosed "lost river" type redo of the congo? instead of dropping add some indoor/outdoor through the mountain scenes, then drop .

I could see the lost river idea, i have seen the mountain at another park, but i do not know where. The enclosed idea is not on the looks like for KI, maybe a congo adventure, yes but an enclosed one is a variable not likely taken.

maybe a enclosed "lost river" type redo of the congo? instead of dropping add some indoor/outdoor through the mountain scenes, then drop .

I could see the lost river idea, i have seen the mountain at another park, but i do not know where. The enclosed idea is not on the looks like for KI, maybe a congo adventure, yes but an enclosed one is a variable not likely taken.

Busch Gardens had a water ride where you were going through the city of Pompei before dropping down

• Like 1

I believe firmly that Action Zone will receive a total revamp, design, makeover. Every major, update, section has already seen a total refurbishment. International Street has already seen some work, Octoberfest will receive something once Feshaus finishes its transition. So Action Zone is left, and as the old saying goes, save the best for last. This revamp of Action Zone will be huge, most expensive and the biggest the parks seen.

To me Action Zone was never really a good area in itself. The water tower was never used nor was there a good stunt show. I mean, in my brutally honest opinion, the place is a concrete jungle. A re-theme would be nice, and touching the place up would be awesome. Sure, it is a nostalgic look at the Paramount era, but I'd rather spend my time sitting under some trees next to the train in Rivertown than sitting on concrete in Action Zone.

Touching up paint, fixing up the general area, and adding some landscaping would be awesome. Needless to say, Son of Beast needs to be removed. It's beyond repair at this point.

• Like 2

Actually, the water tower was used, as part of a mob style shoot-'em-up show. The bad guys, dressed in trench coats, climbed it, carrying Tommy guns, shooting into the crowd. (Who thought THIS was a good idea?). Then came Columbine. Shortly thereafter, the show was done for.

Drop Zone originally had carricatures of falling objects, including animals and people, above its queue. Then came the death from the drop ride in California. They, too, quietly disappeared.

Every time I go in Action Zone, it's dead. SoB being closed is part of it but there's been nothing new there since Cedar Fair purchased it and I feel it's one of the forgotten areas of the park. I've never seen a line at Congo Falls or really anything else. The restaurant there hasn't even been open when I'm there.

Touching up paint,

Well, Invertigo, Drop Tower, and Flight Deck have all received paint jobs lately, with the most noticeable being Invertigo. So for right now, as I have said before, Action Zone is probably done in receiving a makeover, with the exception for SoB.

I can understand the statement about SoB needing to be removed. Hopefully, you don't think its out of repair because a boy with highlighter hair told you that while riding Flight Deck he saw supports on the track. :P

They need to paint Invertigo's sign the colors of the ride. It is still pink and yellow.

Maybe they want you to feel like your going into Mcdonalds before they want you to ride a ride that has absolutely no theme and no relative scheme to the area!

Flight Deck is semi noticeable, but what's the big point of walking back there for Flight Deck and SkyFlyer. When Son of Beast was operating it grabbed a large crowd to those wanting to ride a coaster but not wanting to wait in a outrageous line (Circa: 2000-2006). When i was younger i would want to ride SOB then would hop in line for Top Gun (At the time) and have a blast back there. You can always count on clean restrooms back there :)

Yes it is until the river.

There is a river behind Son of Beast? The people at Kings High School and its alumni will be so surprised. It wasn't there during the safari days.

Did the Corps of Engineers move it like they did the river in Pikeville, Kentucky? How'd I miss that?

In order for SOB to open in 2013, they will have to work on it now. Because it has been sitting around with nothing being done to it, they will have to repair or replace alot of the wood if it's bad. And will take them months/a year or so to replace the whole track and get new cars. That's on top of what Ohio says about the ride being able to reopen with the new track and Ohio needing to inspect the whole ride. The only one who said anything about SOB maybe getting fixed was the old CEO of Cedar Fair. And that was over a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep hearing that SOB has "just been sitting there" or "needs a lot of work to get it running again." Do we really know that? How do we know that work hasn't been done on the ride already so that if for whatever reason it does need to be opened it could in a very short period of time? Like basic upkeep. Not many people on this board have the ability to see the ride when it's closed. In short, who really knows?

Answer? Someone does.

Collin, being slightly sarcastic while really looking for an answer.