Action Zone makeover 2013?

KingsIsland vs. Cedarpoint

Right! Flight deck is not noticeable at all. And same with The Beast!! That watertower is pointless . I've always wonderd why for Kings Island thrill rates Drop Tower is 4-5... Why not 5!!

It would be nice for them to either turn the water tower into a working cooling station with water spray coming out of it or make where every so many people who go under it get soaked. Lol.

I would love to see a revamp of Action Zone, but if you look in the past couple of years you have had Flight Deck receive a new paint job and then this year Invertigo has received a fresh coat. I would love to see SoB open in 2013, that would be revamp enough for me.

For them to even open SOB in 2013, they will have to work on it now to even have a chance to have some sort of 2013 opening if they are lucky enough to not have any major issues. I have see SOB in some places, and it's looking like some of the wood is either loose or it's off.

^From where have you seen it or what maintenance or carpentry experience do you have to substantiate that claim?

Give me a break.

Seen it while on AE. Do you have to be rude in almost every post you do?

^From where have you seen it or what maintenance or carpentry experience do you have to substantiate that claim?

Give me a break.

Sorry to point this out, but riding AE does not constitute the "maintenance or carpentry experience" you were asked about. Please answer the question.

^^ The implication is that many people on here have made definitive statements about the state of Son of Beast and how much work it would take to fix it.

Those posters - yourself included - admit to making their judgements from from a distance, often on MOVING ROLLER COASTERS, and without ANY noteworthy education or practice in the skills necessary to make such a claim. You can say that you "think the ride would need a lot of work." You shouldn't try to say HOW much, especially when your estimation is NOT based in knowledge, fact, or even educated guessing.

In other words, you, as an individual, granted full access to the ride's hardware would not be able to make an accurate diagnosis of its current state or what work might be required on it. To imagine that you can do so from a distance while riding a roller coaster under the structure is absolutely ludicrous and carries absolutely zero weight.

Gordon's delivery may be harsh, but at least respect him in that he knows what he's talking about way more than you or I in this type of situation...

look about this post earlier I ment to say "which I might think include the destruction of congo falls and I apologize for this its a ****ing forum where people share there opinions so why are we mad when someone shares thier thoughts and sometimes screw up

Look dude I have alot of friends who are in management at Kings Island and they are planningto have some renovations which might include the destruction of congo falls

look about this post earlier I ment to say "which I might think include the destruction of congo falls and I apologize for this its a ****ing forum where people share there opinions so why are we mad when someone shares thier thoughts and sometimes screw up

Look dude I have alot of friends who are in management at Kings Island and they are planningto have some renovations which might include the destruction of congo falls

Opinions are one thing. There are members here who work intimately with the parks and members who are very, very well-respected elders in the park industry - they know CEOs, park presidents, managers, famous designers, planners, builders... You are not the first new member here to use poor spelling and grammar as you insist that you know people who know people who make decisions.

In short, visit https://www.facebook...sitkingsisland. There, you'll find SCORES of pre-teens who will absorb every single claim you make and 100% believe anything you say. On this website, though, we expect (and REQUIRE) that you provide names when you claim to know inside information. That is because, for one, if your friend is a higher-up at Kings Island and told you private information that details the possible expenditure of a publicly-owned company, then your manager friend must immediately be reported, at which time he will be either removed from his position or lose whatever prestige he has.

Remember, too, that Joe Schmo who works Diamondback or even Gary Everyman the attractions manager overseeing all of Rivertown probably doesn't know what the park has planned for next season... And if they DID find out, they would lose their position and a reference by uttering a word of it. So even if your friend likes to tell tall tales about Son of Beast's future, keep in mind just what he'd be risking if he did in fact know the company's decision and then shared it with someone who was then stupid enough to turn around and post it on a public forum that park representatives frequent...

When you signed up for this website, you agreed to the Terms of Service that state that you MUST provide information when you claim to have heard something from someone. Period.

• Like 3

Goodyellowkorn, I am out of likes, but in regards to your latest post: If the internet was real life, I would have stood up and started a slow clap in honor of what you just said.

Also, Gordon Bombay... I want to say thanks for coming over here and trying to clean up the forums a bit. I quit visiting the site for some time because I was tired of sifting through the crap to find out if there was anything of real substance posted here. Due to the obvious lack of moderation (I know, people have priorities) I was close to giving up again, but for now I think I will stick around.

"Friends who are higher ups" won't disclose information to you without the public knowing as well. I doubt Congo Falls will be removed soon, as parts are easy to come by, ridership is moving along, and it offers great relief on a hot day.

Also, even though you claim no source (*cough* Brian5457E *cough*), it is possible that your "friends" gave you misinformation to sound like a troll on a forum.

Give me a break.

GYK summed it nicely for me and I thank him for that and the delivery was harsh because you've made numerous, similar dubious claims before. As someone very familiar with that ride and how it works, I can tell you that viewing it from Adventure Express going 35 miles per hour is not a good was to assess its structural integrity.

I could go around claiming I have vague inside information, but won't give specifics or who my sources are ...

Although it hasn't happened in a long time...I remember a certain mod's VERY vague posts with NO specifics from under a black hat. ;)

^So there ARE two sets of rules?

I am not a mod but I have been told inside stuff from employees...which I do not share...my information has come from some people "in the know"...so how would my hinting be any different? Is it a post count? A title?

Don't get me wrong, I like the rumor area...but I have always thought that it was created so that posters could post whatever they felt like as long as they identified it as something that wasn't official...it was only if they claimed it was a fact that they had to back it up with their source(s)?

If we always wait until the park confirms something this site would be dull(er). :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Why are you trying to make it an issue? I never said there were two sets of rules and there's also no more blog from "Under The Black Hat."

And no one ever said you couldn't post rumors.

There's a difference between delivering a relevant post with content about something you overheard at the park or saw (see: Dwight Schrute's posts about his observation with "suits") and claiming that you "have many friends in management" who told you "three giga coasters will appear like Pokemon next year."

Why are you trying to make it an issue? I never said there were two sets of rules and there's also no more blog from "Under The Black Hat." And no one ever said you couldn't post rumors. There's a difference between delivering a relevant post with content about something you overheard at the park or saw (see: Dwight Schrute's posts about his observation with "suits") and claiming that you "have many friends in management" who told you "three giga coasters will appear like Pokemon next year."

Not trying to make it an "issue"...i'm just trying to understand the difference...how do we know FOR SURE who really has "many friends in management" and who is making it up? (Once again, post count or title?) There have been things posted in the past that I found unbelievable...such as Spongebob being replaced by Snoopy! I only posted my comment because I think it is a vague (No pun intended.) definition...PLUS I think that I am not alone in thinking this, but unlike some others I do not mind asking. :)

P.S. Are you back as a mod? (If so, this is the price that you pay!) :lol:

^Not technically as I was in the past, but this site has gotten so overrun by nonsense in the past few months, I figured I'd take care of some of it.

Now, if you don't mind, lets reserve this space for discussing an Action Zone makeover in 2013. As for questions about rumors/sources/credibility/etc, maybe it deserves its own topic of discussion? Could be interesting to compare with other sites and forums.

• Like 2

Considering how successful Luminosity has been at Cedar Point, it wouldn't surprise me if Luminosity could be expanding into other parks. Since KI has Timberwolf, it would be interesting to see if it gets transformed in the future to Luminosity.

Considering how successful Luminosity has been at Cedar Point, it wouldn't surprise me if Luminosity could be expanding into other parks. Since KI has Timberwolf, it would be interesting to see if it gets transformed in the future to Luminosity.

I think that would be a cool transformation for TW.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Luminosity is at least partly inspired by Disney's ElecTRONica and Mad T Party... If that's the case, I think it's meant to be more of an interactive, street-party style event with DJ's, lights, dance floors, etc. instead of a strictly "concert" style event. Only on the rare occasions of having guest singers like the "Call Me Maybe" girl would a "concert" setting be appropriate. Otherwise, it seems like more of a club-lite atmosphere.

And at least for Disney's parties, a way to maximize profits on glowing ice cubes and fruity alcoholic beverages...

And then there's the question... Luminosity, Powered by Coca-Cola? Pepsi? Neither?

• Like 2