Action Zone makeover 2013?

KingsIsland vs. Cedarpoint

There is no way the park will remove Timberwolf and there is no way that Spirit Fest can be staged on the stage in front of the tower. Spirit Fest brought in about 10,000 fans to Timberwolf and the area in front of the stage can handle the large crowds and the stage can not handle all the props needed for the bands. Besides, it will interfere with the movement of the crowds in that area and create congestion. But if you remove Timberwolf, you can't stage any events that bring in large crowds that bring in more revenue dollars.

I'd be happy with just a replacement of the banners. The Firehawk one is really old, the Backyard BBQ one is incredibly pale, and, well, the one for the waterpark speaks for itself. They painted over the old lettering in a color that's 3 shades too dark.

• Like 1

I felt the same way about a ferris wheel in Action Zone,not alot of "action" involved. I dont really know of a better place in the park though? Diamondback feels like its a part of Planet Snoopy to me,especially since i walk through PS to get to DB. I dont see why a ferris wheel couldnt be in Action Zone or atleast close.I dont think i would want one in Coney while WindSeeker is there,just doesnt fit in to me?

I think a ferris wheel would make a great addition to on the other side of where the International Showplace is. You'd see it popping up over the trees from International Street and it would somewhat replace the views lost when the 50 ft. platform closed.

• Like 4

I've had "Issues" with ferris wheels.........

Has anyone else thought that maybe the graveyard of the past (Behind SOBNO with the old BB customer service building and the old trams) may be a part of the reno if we even had it at the Action Zone? Also along the lines of the ferris wheel, knowing CF's great Texas sized items and attractions, they could put in a moving cart ferris wheel like the Disney one, that is fairly large.

I'd be happy with just a replacement of the banners. The Firehawk one is really old, the Backyard BBQ one is incredibly pale, and, well, the one for the waterpark speaks for itself. They painted over the old lettering in a color that's 3 shades too dark.

I completely agree. The last time I went to the park I was amazed at how bad the Backyard BBQ banner looked. At first I thought it was just the angle of the light on it but it wasn't.

It's funny to me, Action Zone seems like the oldest, most outdated, and run down part of the park but it's actually the newest (excluding Planet Snoopy).

I love Action Zone, I wish they would take more care of it. I mean it's okay, but out-dated signs, Delirium being down for so long (I know they are doing everything they can), SOB just sitting there, Face/Off (I don't like calling it Invertigo lol) being down everytime I'm there (I usually find it open late in the day and make a ride on it), Top Gun/Flight Deck not getting enough riders (It's a really fun ride), I mean the only rides that are really officiant are Drop Zone and Congo Falls. IMO!

• Like 1

It would be awesome if they would replace the banners with LED signs that could change and always be updated! Plus if KI were to get a Luminosity (in Action Zone), they could be used for that too!

Action Zone has potential to be the part of the park with the most "action", it just needs a new ride and some updates here and there!

• Like 3

I would LOVE LED signs in place of the banners. Emphasis on the love.

It would be so cool for there to be like 5 different advertisements for shows or other rides in the park, maybe even play some videos...they could also make some money off of advertising products on them.

it just needs a new ride and some updates here and there!

i believe were talking about all of the park, right? Now the banner topic, black paint over BB things, I thought the signs peeling were worse, but I guess wrong. :P I can say that pratically every sign is a bit out dated, now the Haunt not as much, but the rest, show some DB, maybe a bit about the Planet Snoopy, many things I can see, the list goes on.....