Action Zone makeover 2013?

KingsIsland vs. Cedarpoint

I would actually want a 2nd flume. Something big and waving back in the treetops. Like what they had in the past back by The Crypt. When I think about it, adding something like a large treehouse for adults and kids to walk through would be kind of cool too. Kind of like the Robinson Family Treehouse at Disney. I could go on and on with this. The bottom line is not to put all extreme rides up, but a collection of attractions that would create sentimental value from individual memories. I understand that everything at KI does this, but I am referring to something that the entire family can enjoy together, like Dinosaurs Alive.

• Like 1

In response to the colonel, The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was one of many icons to both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Tarzan's Treehouse...not so much.

I had always envisioned a Wild Thornberrys tree house attraction to be placed in the grassy knoll in-betwixt Phantom Flyers (now Linus Launcher) and Timmy's Air Tours (now Sally's Sea Plane), and have the log ride instead become what would equate to a cross between Splash Mountain and Ripsaw Falls, called Nicktoon Falls. Then again, I had once envisioned a completely different version of the former Nick Universe, what with four separate areas - Jr. Ville, Neutron Plaza, Splat City & Mt. Gushmore, and Bikini Bottom.

Jr.VIlle would encompass the northern quarter, going from Wind-Up to the Snoopy Boutique. This is where a majority of the kiddie attractions would reside (the rest would sit inside BB), however, the Character Carousel would be moved into the area as a new flat ride would take its spot in NP. All rides are based off Jr. shows (Lazytown, Backyardigans, etc.). Compared to the other three sections, this would receive the least amount of significant changes.

Neutron Plaza, themed primarily to Jimmy Neutron, sits on the eastern corridor and is essentially the smallest of the four sections. Sitting in Carousel's position would be an Astro Orbiter-styled attraction for the entire family. The big change here would be the addition/creation of a Festhaus-style indoor restaurant, Nicktoons Cafe, going in the spot of both Ice Cream and Snoopy Grill (Blue's Ice Cream would be moved over to Jr. Ville). Taxi Jam (now Great Pumpkin) would be rethemed to Danny Phantom (with a name of something like Danny Phantom's Ghoster Coaster).

Splat City & Mt. Gushmore resides down south, and is a hybrid of themes. The Wild Thornberrys treehouse concept I mentioned up above would be in this area, roughly where Linus Launcher sits now. Runaway Reptar would stay the same, except the theme would more closely resemble that of an actual episode of Rugrats. What that means is a mix between alphabet blocks scattered about and positioned to look like a cityscape and actual skyscrapers and buildings, to blend that sense of imagination and reality the show is famous for. Also, behind RR and making its way into Nicktoons Falls, is a faux mountain range with the Nickelodeon letters in the style of the Hollywood logo. That mountain range carries its way into Mt. Gushmore and Nicktoon Falls, a heavily rethemed log ride built similarly to Splash Mountain. The focal point would be a rock formation of five famous Nick characters (Tommy, Jimmy, SpongeBob, and the Fairly OddParents) like Mt. Rushmore.

Bikini Bottom is the last section, to the west, and is the biggest change to NU. The inspiration for BB comes from an attraction called Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo DisneySea, which is an indoor kids area made to look like everything is underwater. The same concept would be applied here, as people would feel as if they were underwater, and in the town of Bikini Bottom. The star attraction here is the Crash Course Boating School, an indoor/outdoor dark ride/coaster. Other notable attractions would be offshoots of ones found at Mermaid Lagoon, such as a Jumpin Jellyfish parachute ride, and a clone of a ride from Great America (Boatmobiles, now Peanuts Pirates).

This is all I can remember for the time being, as I had this all planned in my head years ago. Perhaps I should try and create this in RCT3...

EDIT: I would have had a crudely drawn picture to illustrate the zoning, but it won't let me put up the picture.

• Like 1

Yes i did, infact i went through the AZ just to look at things the remodel could be done. Like on the Congo Falls- there could be a makeshift mountain that is tropical persay, and you go down a waterfall, Delirium- there could be scattered items around the area, like broken panels of a shed, Flight Deck- AA guns around the area & plane props, AZ itself- the center area needs a recoat, stores need a recoat, and for the area to have more of an action like feel if its going to be action like, cameras/camera platforms in the area. Like terpy said i infact have a trip report of KI today, posted it before going on the Stunt Coaster. :P

A few years ago, I started a thread for sharing ideas on some future Action Zone retheme. Alas, it long fell dormant.

Nevertheless, I'm sure some members (particularly those who had not been members in 2010) would enjoy looking back at what was discussed just over two years ago.

http://www.KICentral...n-zone-retheme/

Post #21 of this topic, heroic super-user Shaggy recounts the decline and fall of Adventure Village, enlightening for the many...

I've read some of the posts on here about adding heavy themes to the rides. Didn't Ouimet say in a recent article that he doesn't want to Disney-fy the Cedar Fair parks? Here's the quote from the April 1, 2012 Toledo Blade article:

Though a confirmed Disney disciple -- he still slips up and calls employees "cast members" about half the time -- Mr. Ouimet said he has no plans to Disney-fy Cedar Fair.

Here's that link that was posted in another thread: http://www.toledobla...ook-on-fun.html

I've read some of the posts on here about adding heavy themes to the rides. Didn't Ouimet say in a recent article that he doesn't want to Disney-fy the Cedar Fair parks? Here's the quote from the April 1, 2012 Toledo Blade article:

Though a confirmed Disney disciple -- he still slips up and calls employees "cast members" about half the time -- Mr. Ouimet said he has no plans to Disney-fy Cedar Fair.

Here's that link that was posted in another thread: http://www.toledobla...ook-on-fun.html

Well from my perspective theming or over theming isnt all of an disney thing, Paramount, Alton Towers, gosh even Ferrari does heavy theming in their parks, but for some reason CF is more on the concrete genericy line generality. I will never get this concept of genericy...

It definitely has been in the past... But maybe Mr. Ouimet is saying Millennium Force won't be enclosed and re-titled "Indiana Jones Temple of Blazing Steel." That's entirely different than keeping up the themed elements on rides like Flight Deck, Adventure Express, Flight of Fear... Little details.

If any Cedar Fair park gets a Giga Coaster in the coming years, It'll be Knotts Berry Farm. I think Diamondback is perfect for KI, nothing taller is needed with Cedar Point right around the corner. I'd expect some kind of decision about SoB soon with Mr. Ouimet being the new CEO. Disney isn't big on letting attractions stand and not operate.

Well people were talking about a Giga Coaster at Kings Island and IMO, Kings Island doesn't need one. I was saying that if any park in the Cedar Fair chain gets a giga coaster, it'll be Knotts Berry Farm I think. I know there's room for coasters at Cedar Point,. Some people have drawn up some plans for coasters at PointBuzz that are good locations that would be great for the park.

I was meaning the giga but yeah i think you get the point, i agree on the KBF or CP getting a giga, if anything i think we would get an steel, or an woodie for 2013 at the most. CF probably knows, but i do not..

*sigh*

Liking a Facebook page will not hasten the decision. The park will take their time and make a decision when they are ready to do so, not rush into one at the insistence of people on Facebook. To do otherwise would be folly.

• Like 1

Well im guessing they will tell us if they were reopening it, and maybe not tell us if they will tear it down in the fall. Either way, a large chunk of change will come out of CF's wallet.

I'm thinking a great rethemed Action Zone, some family rides, maybe a enclosed "lost river" type redo of the congo?

Adding some animatronics then the climb to the top but instead of dropping add some indoor/outdoor through the mountain scenes, then drop and add some water paths etc.?

And something with the first and only looping wooden roller coaster time will tell.