Action Zone makeover 2013?

KingsIsland vs. Cedarpoint

^I mean, it could be worse. I could go around claiming I have vague inside information, but won't give specifics or who my sources are and clutter up the forums with even more crap that's gone unchecked or monitored for the past several months.

I think that they hinted the make over without even telling us. If you've noticed, Invertigo's sign is still its original colors, which means that they are not done with the renovations which hints that the whole Action Zone itself might get a make over.

What are you talking about? The sign has nothing to do with all of Action Zone.

seriously dont say that. I believe you but just dont say that stuff unless you want to be banned

Look dude I have alot of friends who are in management at Kings Island and they are planningto have some renovations which might include the destruction of congo falls

Look dude I have alot of friends who are in management at Kings Island and they are planningto have some renovations which might include the destruction of congo falls

Yeah, Mr. Bombay is going come down on you from his high throne he sits on, you better reveal your sources or retract your statement.

Yeah, Mr. Bombay is going come down on you from his high throne he sits on, you better revel your sources or retract your statement.

The thing is, true or not, he didn't really say anything. I have little doubt, that somewhere along the lines there have been discussions about what to do with the Action Zone. Amongst those plans, talks of Congo Falls, Timberwolf, Son of Beast, the race track and/or Flight Deck have probably been brought up at one time or another, perhaps even penciled into a master Action Zone "10-year" plan.

He may or may not have friends w/n management at KI, I have no idea, but to say Congo Falls "might" be removed isn't very revealing. I'd love to know all the possible plans they have for that area, no matter if its a 1% chance something could happen or a 99% chance things could happen, the overall planning of how managements wants to develop KI into the future is something that interests me very much.

However, I suspect its like many 10 year campus developments at any university. They tell incoming students this is the latest 10 year plan and what we plan to have in place before you graduate, only to see 4 years go by and nothing develops. Time changes opinions, costs and the ability to do many things we thought possible or even likely just a few years prior.

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll point you in the direction of the Terms of Service:

Posting information that is not public record and could be damaging to the reputation, business and/or day to day operation of Kings Island or its affiliates is a violation of the terms of service. Any information posted claiming to be from an inside source or claiming to be confirmed, when not being released from Kings Island or Cedar Fair, must be posted along with the name of the source. Failure to do so is a violation of an individual user's terms of service.
Yeah, Mr. Bombay is going come down on you from his high throne he sits on, you better revel your sources or retract your statement.

Sorry if I'm just trying to keep these forums cleaned up for those who want to contribute worthwhile posts like LongLivesKingCobra and people who want to spam it with their vague crystal ball predictions.

• Like 4

Serious question:

Doesn't:

Posting information that is not public record and could be damaging to the reputation, business and/or day to day operation of Kings Island or its affiliates is a violation of the terms of service. Any information posted claiming to be from an inside source or claiming to be confirmed, when not being released from Kings Island or Cedar Fair, must be posted along with the name of the source. Failure to do so is a violation of an individual user's terms of service

Kind of defeat the purpose of a rumors section? I mean take all the rumors here with a grain of salt, but how many people are going to be willing to post specific information they've learned about while divulging their source? Otherwise it might as well be called a speculation forum so we can post our hopes, wishes and best guesses at what developments in the park are going to be.

I appreciate the effort to clean things up a bit, but sometimes I find the claims of inside knowledge to be kind of fun, even if I don't believe them.

• Like 1

^Here's the thing. There's posting a rumor and then there's just being a troll. Random posts to the tune of: "I know someone in management who says the sun may shine on this same date two years from now," are not acceptable. Or going into old SOB topics and baiting members with phrases like "Something big is coming, I won't give any specifics or details or hint that I know what I'm talking about, but I'll just troll here and get you riled you." is also not acceptable.

What's acceptable is when members come on here and recount their stories of meeting with people at the park. JcGoble met with Mr. Helbig one day after riding The Vortex and shared that experience. That's a lot more reputable than the guy who claims to "know suits."

Random speculation on the basis that you have "inside info" is trolling plain and simple. If you can't reveal your source, then you shouldn't be telling the info anyways (and you're coming here because you have too much free time and want to troll) or you don't really know anything at all.

Unless the "friend in management" has a VP, President, CEO, or is in a high position with a need to know after their title and name then they do not know anything regarding future plans. Just because they are a seasonal supervisor or works in maintenance, then they do not know anything. It is the same with the ride manufacturers, they will not discuss future plans for new rides with any person outside of the people that make the decisions at CF. Like it has been stated, the TOS says you must reveal any source that you claim in your new, revealing information if any future plans.