2012 park map

jrose530

Wow. I like it- even if the only real changes are that the ride names are now on the map, and Invertigo's color is updated to blue (wonder how long it took to do that?). However, one weird thing- The Crypt's box is STILL on there. Son of Beast didn't get this kind of treatment, and it still "exists" and is clearly visible...(I do wonder what Son of Beast might look like on this style of park map if it were still open sometimes, actually...especially considering how "exaggerated" some of the rides look!)

Anyhow, I also love how much more detailed this map is versus 2011's. Trees! Trains on more roller coasters visible! Shinier! The 2012 park map is just better than the 2011 version, in my opinion.

Thought about it for a second...(PS: I was also joking a bit in that first post!)

My best guess (for the SOB situtation) is that if they did put it on the map, it would have to be huge and stick out, because it does in real life (and did on the old style park maps it was on) and is unmistakeably a wooden roller coaster...then people would wonder why the ride name is not listed. And if they put a "CLOSED" sign over the image of the ride, it would just be humiliating for the park and make a long line at guest relations to ask "WHY IS IT CLOSED?"- though I figure they get asked that every day anyhow, it would be an even longer line...

The Crypt, on the other hand, is kind of "hidden" behind Diamondback on the map and I guess you could also assume it is just a building...

^ (AP Fan)

It was the same way on the 2011 park map...

I have an iMac and I had no problem with the map loading without dragging. It is not the computer platform (Mac vs PC) that determines how fast a file loads but the network connection you use and if the computer is not bogged down with files loaded into memory and the condition of the hard drive.

Its almost a 20 MB file.. probably the reason it is lagging on your computer (it is not on mine, but I have a developer workstation)

That makes me sad, seeing how I got a Mac because I thought it was going to load big files faster. > :(

Just because it is a Mac, does not make it a super computer. There are very different levels of Mac.. you have the macbook air, which while light and portable, has about the same specs as entry level pc's (with the added advantage of an SSD) the entry level macbook pro, which is like a mid-level pc, and then the high-end high 1000s-2000s macbook's, and imacs, that are very high-end, and usually can only be matched in the PC world by workstations and home-built pc's

• Like 1

I cannot believe there are complaints about color of rides.

Next there will be complaints about the lack of trees...

oh, wait.....

It seems as if anyone can rant over the simple things in life now :P !

Interesting. Anyone know who illustrated this one? It's a nice map, but upon closer view, it kind of makes each section of the park look significantly smaller than it should be and void of life/entertaining characteristics that it should have. I know it's nitpicking, but anyone else feel that way? I personally think for the 40th anniversary they should've released a hand-drawn map to reflect those initial days of the park.

I personally think for the 40th anniversary they should've released a hand-drawn map to reflect those initial days of the park.

I think that this should have been the case. I know that computer-based drawings are much cheaper and much easier, it would have been nice to see a hand-drawn map of the current park.

• 2 weeks later...