40th Anniversary Gear

OhioChris

Thats the first thing I thought, was that there was a section with Scooby Doo etc.

I wonder if that was some type of 40th anniversary special merchandise or if something else is going on.....

It does look like ne of those main shops as u enter the park and I know, for sure that scooby doo, blues clues, and more, were not there last year or any years that Cedar Fair owned the park

Kings Island still has the rights to Nickelodeon until 2017 and most likely still own the rights to Scooby, and since Scooby is a main part of Kings Island creation and park itself I wouldn't see why they wouldn't include him for the 40th Anniversary. Nickelodeon has been with the park for about 15 or more years. I like the idea of having all the old characters back and not just Snoopy, since Snoopy is new to the park!

They had, old style print shirts, shirts that had all the rides encompassing Kings Island 40, just a Kings Island 40 shirt, most of the HB characters and Smurfs items, shirts, and plushes. Also they had 1980's t-shirts in the I Love The 80's store. I will definately get one of these shirts this year!

I like the 40th anniversary logo...I just wish the graphics were a little more subtle on the tee-shirts. I'd much prefer the logo smaller on the upper left chest. Of course, I'm probably a bit older than the demographic they're going for with this gear too :-)

Lord help us, the 80's are retro?

Man, I'm getting old!

No they are not retro, 1950's=retro, the 80's were the days when music was awesome, and the days that KI was around.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out of likes, or you'd have another.

I just can't believe how long it's been since the 80's. And I do like me some Queen from time to time. Some of which was 80's.

Everything after Hot Space just fails in comparison to the 70's Queen. Innuendo wasn't bad, though. God Save the Queen.

Collin, proud owner of all 15 studio albums, a number of live recordings, and a handfull of bootlegs.

^^^Some of Queen's stuff from the "Highlander" soundtrack was pretty good, imho; especially "A Kind of Magic. Deacon lays down one of the sweetest bass riffs in music history!"

I missed the 80s shop my first trip. I'll check it out tomorrow. Ought to be a treat.