It's Time!

It's time! Time to awake from your winter slumber and return to Kings Island: Where Thrills Connect!

This year will be a great year for the park! Not only did they announce a HUGE water park expansion with the new Soak City, but new shows, new food options, and [coming soon] a new state-of-the-art phone app!

Soak City, which opens to the public May 26th, will feature all new amenities including Tidal Wave Bay, and brand new 650,000 gallon extreme wave pool! We will also see the Lazy River break through its dam and pick up some speed as it becomes the new Splash River experience!

Is live entertainment your thing? Kings Island continues their newly-re-found tradition of excellent shows with the addition of some real winners this season. Highlights include the brand new British Invasion, which celebrates the British domination of rock 'n roll in the 1970s. Also in June, Ed Alonzo - one of the greatest actors and magicians of all time - will have his own daily show in the Kings Island Theatre!

Hungry? New food options at Kings Island are sure to please even the most selective taste bud! From fresh-never-frozen burgers, to glutton-free pizza, to new options such as burritos and Philly cheese steak sandwiches, Kings Island has made great strides to return the food options to their former glory.

Season passes are still on sale and offer a FREE Gold Pass upgrade through May 28th. Some of the benefits of a Gold season pass is FREE parking throughout the 2012 season, early access to the new Soak City, early access to several rides on every operating day (sans Fridays during Haunt) and free admission to Halloween Haunt! Check out Kings Island's official site visitkingsisland.com for details and to purchase/renew your pass!

• Like 1

The Fast Lane line meets the regular line just before the little uphill walk into the station. They are letting people go up after the area clears a little. Once you get into the station, the red side/ blue side divider is gone from the front half.

The music could be from 90s and 00s... I'm not completely sure though.

Had an awful day. Due to my dad getting rear ended last night, we spent the day looking for cars to buy. His car was done. So, I did not get to go to opening day, and get $15,000 for a new (wait, it's used) car. I'm in a bad mood. Hope all of you folks had a great day at the park. I certainly didn't.

Oh and i made many people know what i was thinking in the tunnels of misc rides today :) , a good day in my book for a fanatic of KI. I learned some of the BB items are still at SC!

glutton-free pizza

There is only one response to this: :lol: LOL!

Well longer lines+cold winds+awesome rides=you decide

= a great day for photographing said rides. (And before anyone asks, the photos are slowly uploading to Flickr as I type this. They'll be posted within the next day or two. And I made my first attempt at shooting videos, so you may see those as well.)

I haven't the slightest clue how to edit photos or videos. I just shoot them and upload what I get. I probably wouldn't have even bothered with videos if not for the fact that last month I bought a brand new 14-megapixel camera with 21× zoom that also happens to be able to shoot 720p HD videos. The first one is actually video of the transfer track on Diamondback as they were putting the third train back on the track. That was the only the second time I've ever seen a transfer track in action and the first time I had a camera with me.

I have a Nikon Coolpix L120. I just wish I had a faster connection. The photo batch is 225 MB, and it's still uploading (89% complete) after an hour and a half. I think I'm going to start captioning the photos now to save time. I'll look into Windows Movie Maker, but for now, the videos are going to be taken unedited from the camera. The videos are another 300 MB, so I'll hold off on uploading them until tomorrow (they'll go onto YouTube once I figure out how to upload there, which I've never done before).

A few other new things I noticed today:

-The Beast has new bins to put loose items. They are the same kind of three-compartment bins on Diamondback.

-The Beast has new wood in a lot of places. My rides on it today were very smooth.

-The Racer trains have a new logo on the front. The loading station has been changed a little bit too, and the exit gate has magnetic knobs to open.

-New wheelchair ramp on the KI&MV train station.