Opening Day :)

coasterfanatic83

Well my double header finally got cancelled at about 11 when the dugout flooded, so I decided to go get some rides in with my cousin (TTD-120-420), my brother, and my girlfriend. We got there at about 1:30, and the pass processing line was minimal. Other than WindSeeker, which was down, and Firehawk, we managed to get to every other ride, some of them twice. The weather was bearable, and we were in line for Flight of Fear when it did rain, so we stayed dry.

I would have to say the highlight of my day today was winning the Countdown to 40 prize of 4 VIP Tours while in line for The Beast. :) That will be fun. All in all, it was a good day and the park was wonderful after taking such a long time off.

-coasterfanatic2012

Congratulations on winning the VIP tour! You want to share it with a few of us? ;)

I actually never saw a ride go down today for something besides weather, all rides seemed to be running smoothly.

Flight Deck and The Racer were both late to open, and Diamondback went down with a mechanical issue right before the noon storm hit and ran only two trains for a while after the rain stopped (I was told by the employee at the entrance that the two-train operation was due to mechanical problems and not weather). Otherwise, I didn't see anything else down for mechanical reasons.

No, the ride did not look like it was quite ready for the season.

not to mention the wind. i find it very ironic that WindSeeker cant seek wind when it is windy outside. anyone else noticed that too?