So, what changes have you noticed this year? Here's mine:

Action Zone

New sign at On Location?

Old planter removed from Flight Deck exit area

Coney Mall

New decals on Racer trains

Racer stations no longer separated

Rivertown

Something really bad seems to have happened in Rivertown Junction- there's construction equipment and a massive hole in the floor inside.

International Street

Keyhole Photo is now Photo Memories

New 40th Anniversary signs on turnstiles

I Love The 80's store added

Old "International Banquet Facility- For more information call" sign has been replaced with Backyard BBQ signs

New landscaping in front of International Showplace

Planet Snoopy

New trash cans and separate uniforms

Boo Blasters is in really good shape

New signs for Soak City and picnic grove

Also there is a new WindSeeker parking area where GSPM got to park their cars at. The Thrill Seekers has more Dinosaurs than attractions. They put in some loud speakers facing forward away from the park, i could hear it from half way out into the aprking lot. There is a new wheel chair/stroller ramp at the front of the train. The Soak City has most of its slides colored differently, but the wood paneling still has the paintings and there is still the didgeridoos. They are now selling Hannah Barberra items in the International street store located to the left of entering the gates. They now have new lockers at WWC and WS that i saw. Check my trip report at Trip Reports-Kings Island 2012 opening day, if i missed any other new items that i saw today.

The rail separating the ramps leading toward the gift shop at DB's exit are gone.

The redirecting of traffic around cones to block off the old gold pass parking really seem unnecessary. (just my opinion)

The waiting area for the GP during ERT is much larger.

There's this incredible smell around DB's entrance of cooked meat, onions, and melted cheese!

Everything is more fun this year. Because it's now!

I noticed no metal detectors and no bag checking... not sure how i feel about it . As a visitor I like it, as a worker....not so sure on those dark nights .This could just be opening day bugs that will be worked out but not sure. New items in snoopy planet - snoopys dog house,psychiatrist booth. the new british invasion show was pretty good. ?gold pass parking I think thats a done deal . Dont remember seeing this last year but theres a window display with lots of 80's items and posters ,very cool if you ask me . brought back alot of memories. Sorry if im mentioning things already brought up. One thing I noticed is that The Vortex looks like it could use a paint job....just sayin . The park looked very neat and clean . It did rain and lightning but not long was cloudy with one patch of sun in the morning all in all it was a very enjoyable day just wish it was alittle warmer. Cant wait for the rest of the season . One last thing just came to mind, the viking entrance - there was alot of confusion with the entrance because the Fast Lane sign and normal entrance are the same access point . So what happened was people were going in the exit thinking that was normal entrance. I started redirecting people myself because it happened so often. they might want to change that but once again this might be changed later on .

I noticed the Gold Pass lot was gone as well, kind of bummed out about that, I cannot enjoy my exclusive parking anymore. Also at least they did not just put some crappy concrete pad down or something where the metal detectors are, instead the put a row of pavers which looks really nice.

At least in the car i rode, the boo blasters guns made no sounds. Adventure e the "lava" the guy dumps on you wasent lit like last year(and someone left that lift hill tunnel door open again). The buses only area was 99% buses instead of 30% buses and rest cars etc lol. Crypts signs are removed or covered. On a side note- i noticed most of the employees,especially the ones working outdoors, pretty much 90% of them were in shorts even though it was in the 40's-low 50's all day. poor guys and gals then again they probably had a choice in the matter and underestimated how cold it was gona be :-)

There seems to be an overall improvement in accessibility throughout the park. In addition to the new ramp at the train, I noticed the following:

Beast - lower-mounted handrail all the way up the exit ramp

Racer - new exit area; swinging gate replaced with metal picket-fence-style magnetic gates

Woodstock - swinging gate replaced with a sliding one

I also noticed that several of the coasters have a metal device which appears to be designed to make it easier for wheelchair-bound passengers to get into and out of the cars - from what I can tell, disabled guests can slide directly out of the wheelchair into the coaster car, and then pull themselves up onto the device and pull themselves back up into their chair, removing the necessity for someone to assist them in or out of their chair.

The accessible entrances are also clearly labeled with signs now, so there's no confusion as to where to go.

Racer stations no longer separated

I've been hopping for that since both returned to foward operations.

On a side note- i noticed most of the employees,especially the ones working outdoors, pretty much 90% of them were in shorts even though it was in the 40's-low 50's all day. poor guys and gals then again they probably had a choice in the matter and underestimated how cold it was gona be :-)

Some people enjoy wearing shorts in cold weater, as those who know me can confirm.

Fort Kinzel was still so named yesterday.

Darn.

In the past, I always bought a pair of khaki pants and wore them when it was cool. However, the pants had to have the length hemmed. Almost all employees are issued shorts and could only wear the pants issued by the park. I have seen guests wearing shorts and freezing themselves while wearing a hoodie or jacket for warmth. I would advise employees to purchase pants in Associate Services in addition to their issued park shorts. It is one thing to wear shorts for a brief period but for the entire day can make for a very cold day indeed.

Those new handrails, and ramps, are a result of the latest ADA (American`s with Disabilities Act). The Department of Justice updated the original ADA with a set of standards in 2010. These new standards went into effect officially on March 15th, 2012. In one of the conference calls, it was mentioned that the Cedar Fair parks as a whole would be spending some money to upgrade the accessibility of the parks.

Another change which you may not notice on Beast and Racer`s exit, in addition to the new handrails, are pieces of wood places along the bottom edge of the ramps where the railing used to stop. This to is a result of the ADA changes. Additionally, there is a new family, ADA compliant restroom located at the restrooms next to WindSeeker.

One of the best parts about opening day was the "I love the 80s!" store. It was awesome! If you like classic 80s movies like Star Wars, The Goonies, Back to the Future, and the Breakfast Club, then you should definitely check it out!