2012 Season: What's New?

CedarPointer

I wasn't happy being hounded outside the gates by several gentlemen "both coming and going to and from the park" to scribble my 411 so that I can be telemarketed later just to win cash or a car. I said no and meant no but that didn't seem to get the point across...then the one guy turned to my fiance' and shoved a book and pen in her face as we were briskly trying to leave. Did Eco get new uniforms? I thought I saw a girl sweeping in a yellow jumper like an Oompa Loompa. I also thought that if the employees at the JUKE BOX DINER have to wear 50's atire that at least they should play music to go with the theming. I heard what sounded like 80's music. Overall...the park had a different feel to it.....for the better!!!

I wasn't happy being hounded outside the gates by several gentlemen "both coming and going to and from the park" to scribble my 411 so that I can be telemarketed later just to win cash or a car. I said no and meant no but that didn't seem to get the point across...then the one guy turned to my fiance' and shoved a book and pen in her face as we were briskly trying to leave. Did Eco get new uniforms? I thought I saw a girl sweeping in a yellow jumper like an Oompa Loompa. I also thought that if the employees at the JUKE BOX DINER have to wear 50's atire that at least they should play music to go with the theming. I heard what sounded like 80's music. Overall...the park had a different feel to it.....for the better!!!

It's been like that since 2009. We were the first park in the chain with those new uniforms, thus starting the trend that the others follow.

Apparently, season pass parking reentry requires a receipt now.

Yeah, I was surprised when they gave me a receipt for my parking. I guess they want to make sure you don't hand your pass off to someone else after you enter (though if they pay attention to the photo it'd be hard to get away with that).

I also noticed that the Metro route no longer goes to the passenger dropoff area, though it's still a bit of a hike from the new stop.

I liked the days where every area had their own special music: Rivertown had country;HB had cartoon music;Coney had rag time;International Street had French accordion music;Octotoberfest had German music.

The first time I went to KI was in 2008, so I never got to experience said music theming, but it sounds great!

I like when specific areas of amusement parks are themed with music. It really distinguishes the different themes of the park. A great example is Cedar Point's Frontier Trail and Frontiertown - for as long as I can remember, it has always been country music. I personally am not a huge country music fan, but it just wouldn't be the same back there without it! Especially in line for Maverick!

It'd be nice if Kings Island did some new music theming :)

Apparently, season pass parking reentry requires a receipt now.
Yeah, I was surprised when they gave me a receipt for my parking. I guess they want to make sure you don't hand your pass off to someone else after you enter (though if they pay attention to the photo it'd be hard to get away with that). I also noticed that the Metro route no longer goes to the passenger dropoff area, though it's still a bit of a hike from the new stop.

There's no picture associated with the receipt though, it would be easier for you to hand the receipt to some one at pasanger drop off than your pass.

I haven't seen this question brought up, but what about the age-old opening day question regarding the choice of music being played throughout the park?

Both my wife and I noticed how ridiculously loud the music was. When walked under ET towards the fountain, there was a large group of kids playing string instruments on the bandstand. The blaring music was so loud we walked right up to them and couldn't hear a thing they were playing. Other times we couldn't hear each other talk it was so loud. I don't ever remember it being this bad before, and I have a hearing impairment! I can't imagine how loud it was to those of you with good ears.

If we'll get a major new attraction for 2013, it would doubtlessly be announced late in the season next fall. In some cases, things have been announced after the park has closed for the season, well into the winter. More times than not, construction is the first indication of a new attraction.

I think it would be waste to start a whole news feed for this topic...so can some one answer this question?

when do they usually introduce the new thing for 2013?

The new thing? You , sir, need to be patient and relax for a bit. It's just the start of the season.

I think it would be waste to start a whole news feed for this topic...so can some one answer this question?

when do they usually introduce the new thing for 2013?

A. I don't know. You see, in the past they have not introduced the new thing for 2013.

B. It's a different they.

C. With a different marketing strategy.

D. Past performance is no indicator of future performance. See especially B. and C.

E. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 3

I wonder if WindSeeker being "not ready to operate" has anything to do with what is going on at Knott's with their WindSeeker. Westcoaster has a picture up from a trip last week where their verson is also not operating, but they have for some reason welded this new piece onto the carrage. It seems like they are trying to prevent the carrage from rotating for some reason.

050112-kbf006-sm.jpg

Does anyone know the status of the other 1st round WindSeekers in the chain? I wonder if Canada's verson will open this weekend?

The one thing we notice were the token machines, previous year you could put $5.00 in and would get 20 tokens, but this year put in $5.00 you get only 12 tokens!! and there are no coin deposits anymore, plus it is a dollar to play a claw game now! what a rip off! But the employess were very nice and friendly also, but I bet in the next couple months that will change.

One of the best parts about opening day was the "I love the 80s!" store. It was awesome! If you like classic 80s movies like Star Wars, The Goonies, Back to the Future, and the Breakfast Club, then you should definitely check it out!

I thought this was a really fun store too! Funny shirts. But what a shame to have Castle Greyskull sitting in the window to get all faded by the sun! That thing is a total classic.

Wish I had known there is MS. PACMAN ARCADE GAME in this store!!!!!! I am assuming it works? Next time, I am bringing quarters :)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this anywhere............. You can now buy a $5.00 unlimited refill for you souvenir cup for the day! That's a pretty good deal if you're going to spend the entire day at the park. Especially for the families. Has anyone else seen or bought this yet?