Bennett's Opening Day TR

Bennett

Arrived around 5:45pm, had to work all day.

Whomever decided to remove the detector stand from the front...BRAVO! Entrance looks a thousand times better. If they did nothing else over the off season, that would have been great. Will make the mornings much, much easier for everyone.

First ride of the year was DB. Waited around 20 minutes, main thing I noticed was the utter lack of Fast Lane riders. Many cars left the station with 5-6 empty single seats. Rode front car, second row, as usual. Rode spectacularly.

Headed towards The Beast. Did not feel the need to wait 45 minutes being a pass holder...went back 3-4 times over the course of the night, similar wait times all night long. Pass.

Vortex next. Noticed the FP "bridge" to get in. Saw two riders come across it...three cycle wait. Rode great, seemed more fun that last year, I've learned to accept it for what it is. Just a matter of getting comfortable in the seat, being 6'6" makes it tough, but I've got my "posture" down.

Made our way from there to Invertigo...again, too much wait. Paint job looks great, but no ride.

Flight Deck was typical...longer to walk to it that the wait and ride combined. Front car, though, is a fab ride.

From there, back to DB. Practically a walk on at that point. Raining at this point, man, that ride hurts in the rain.

Back to Coney, to The Racer. Removing the fence inside was, again, a brilliant idea. Much less claustrophobic, makes the whole station look better. But, just filthy in there. I did honestly think that they would have spend some time, and the requisite dough to repaint the whole ride. While they did paint some areas in the station, the ride itself is one big paint peel.

From there, off to let my daugher ride Delrium, whilst I has a Moerlein Maibock from Hanks bar. Revamped the beer selection (THANK YOU!!) for this year, again well done.

Adventure Express...with all the arms working! Can't remember the last time that was. Great little ride, still one of my faves. Too dark to see the "collapsing" SOB...lol

Another trip to DB, then to the Flight of Firehawk, as we call that area. Firehawk a walk on, rode the front car for the first time. A completely different ride there! With my tall, skinny self, that ride just kills my shoulders and shins, but, the front row makes it well worth it.

FOF is so much better with the lighting effects! Always been a great ride, but the lighting takes it to the next level.

New products in the shops, some cool t-shirts, etc. Did not sample any food, though the Hanks burrito shop seems to have a good selection of stuff, and as I said with the bar out back, much better selection than last year ( I have a particular hatred of beer for $7 + ending in "Eiser", or "IGHT", or "ite".) If I'm gonna get high grossed, I would at least like to enjoy something different.

Again, kudos to the park staff, all rides running smoothly during our stay for 4+ hours. Hopefully, they will do something more to try to hide the "Crapt" than barely covering the sign, and putting a photobomb booth in the front of the que.

Adventure Express...with all the arms working! Can't remember the last time that was. Great little ride, still one of my faves. Too dark to see the "collapsing" SOB...lol

SoB is only "collapsing" from FD, not AE. ;)

Nice TR!

Other than you mentioned, any thoughts on FL?

SoB is only "collapsing" from FD, not AE. ;)

Nice TR!

Other than you mentioned, any thoughts on FL?

Who knows...hard to see how painlessly they can implement it on Saturday, as there was no one really using the FL. Whomever paid for it Saturday got ripped off.

That said, I try my best not to go on busy days, long lines and I don't get along.

• Like 1

No food, just a beer. Played a couple cheap games, with the gold pass, you get 6 beer pong balls for a buck, and 4 basketballs for a buck to win some goofy toys my daughter likes. Two medium size dolls for two bucks seemed fair.

Couple folks outside had burritos from Hanks. Looked pretty good, lot of food for less than $8. Enough for two.