weather 5-4

Dustin

So I know its hard to predict but I'm 3 hours from KI do you guys think Friday is worth making the trip I see its has a 50% chance of rain I bought ponchos rain doesn't really bother me I but I don't wanna go and have lightning or all day heavy rain ruin my trip I've got gold passes so were only out food and gas I could go Saturday or Sunday but fridays the best day for us I figure Friday and rain should result in little wait time.

even if it does rain if anything it would reduce crowds and its worth waiting out if it does. I remember 1 time couple years ago i waited in Vortex que area for 30 min when all the lines were hour+ when it stormed and when it passed everything was a walk on heck the the swing ride guy was literally begging people to ride promising to be their friend if they did lol

In all of my life's experiences, none compares to the exhileration of being ON Vortex during one of southwest Ohio's trademark summer deluges. It's something not to be missed, and should be among any ride enthusiast's bucket list items at least twice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input like I said I'm goin regardless the wife don't wanna get rained on to bad but with or without rain I think fridays is the best day to go kids are still in school and most people would be at work and with the weather its probably gonna keep big crowds from visiting . One of my favorite KI memorys is riding The Vortex with my dad at night in the rain rode it 8 times in a row and never had to get up. The only down side is ill be wearing wet shoes and socks all day but it'll be worth it.

Sorry i dont know why i asked if the congo falls would be open if it was a rainy day I ment to ask if the White Water Canyon would be the wife wasnt wanted go on it for the last few years but she agreed. I always enjoyed it but its been a good 10 years since i rode it last.

If it follows last years education days, the first few seemed less busy then the later ones in the month. I am guessing it will be on the lighter side!

I'm hoping so, I'm pretty sure I'll be making my first trip of the season tomorrow :)

Latest forecast from NWS shows low 80s and mostly cloudy, with showers and thunderstorms after 5pm.

Everytime i check the weather its different im just gonna hope it rains a few times drives people away and everyride is almost walk on eighter way im gonna have fun tomorrow plus its my birthday and im not gonna be at work and me and the wife get a well deserved date day.

• Like 2