Early Ride Times

Dustin

So one of the perks of being a season pass member was the early ride times right? But looking at line up I cant help but feel a little maybe they did us a little dirty. Early rides include: Diamondback, Invertigo, Eiffel Tower, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Woodstock Whirlybirds, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Linus’ Launcher, Great Pumpkin Coaster, Charlie Brown’s Wind Up and Surf Dog.

Now does the list of rides change at all or it set for the entire year. Now last year if im not mistaken was The Beast one of the early rides? Like i said im a little dissapointed but I guess ill be riding Diamondback as many times as i can in an hour then its off the The Beast then to The Vortex. The upside is fridays only 2 days away.

The Beast became an ERT ride last year when WindSeeker wasn't ready to open in time for the start of the season. I wouldn't expect the ERT lineup to change this year because if one of the rides becomes unavailable, the rest can compensate for it. Things may be added, but I'd be happy with the expanded offerings and extended time slot!

Under the new CEO, the Cedar Fair parks are transitioning from "teenage thrill parks" to "family parks." We're leaving behind the awful "Bred to Shred" and the flatlining "Ride Warrior Nation." Now, "Thrills Connect!" for the whole family! New slogan: "Sometimes the best way to find common ground is twenty stories above it!" "Best day of the year experience" is the new target. This is no longer a park where teens rule. Now, the whole FAMILY should get gold passes, because Planet Snoopy opens early for Gold Pass holders!

Compare that to recent years when one family member would get a gold pass for parking and the rest would get regular passes. What difference did it make? A family with two young kids doesn't care much to get in early and marathon Diamondback. But now, they can and will spend the extra money to get the whole family in early. That's extra snacks, extra souvenirs, extra park-time, and extra memories.

Interviews make it abundantly clear to me: Ouimet is a genuinely good human being. He is passionate but realistic; confident but grounded. He's personable and approachable. He knows what he wants the parks to be and what they need to be. The new ERT is a magnificent reflection of that if you ask me.

• Like 5

I'll agree with you and you make a some really good points. You've got to adapt to your customers needs and wants. It does give family a better chance to hit a lot of rides before they have to stand in line all day. Bein 3 hours away I don' t get to see much if the new marketing campaign. I do like the extended time it let's you take your time and you won't have to rush as much. Since my daughters only 3 and we've not taken her yet I guess I haven't had to chance to appreciative it as much. I most small kids won't make it thru the afternoon and evening. I guess im just impatient I'd like to hit the busiest rides before they open that way we can take our time. But I k.ow well go on boo blaster during the ert I do enjoy it. Only down side is I'm not crazy over Invertigo kinda makes me sick.

ERT i believe for The Beast starts in the fall, its occured for 2 years so i believe it will occur this year also.

Huh? The past few years, The Beast has had ERT all year long (except for the brief WS/Vortex stint last year). It was not just "in the fall". Simply put, it is no longer in the ERT lineup. There is absolutely no reason to believe that it will return in the fall.

ERT to me is worth it because you are in the park getting to areas in which you want to start out your day. I am a roller coaster enthusiast and cant get enough of it. I knoq how hard it is to get on rides like FH and FoF in the middle of the day so I always go get Diamondback a few times and then right before the park opens, my son and I head to the part of the park where FoF is and get ready to attack those. I have found that early in the season, there is plenty of time to get on The Beast as many times as you want and Vortex as well.

My goal this year is to ride every thrill ride and coaster before the end of the day. Anyone think that is possible?

I like the family idea but still cater to the teens and adults who spend there money as well. I agree 2 rides for adults is a little disappointing. Plus Invertigo and Diamondback are a good distance away from each other. Add 2 more coasters like The Beast, Vortex or fof and it would be perfect. Last year I rode diamond back right before the park opened I rode The Vortex walked to fof and had to wait 45 miniets. I know every ride can't be open but find a happy median.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and i are planning a day at the park with no kids.The ERT is great for me and the kids but she cant handle Invertigo,and will only ride Diamondback once in a while. She loves how CP does it when we stay there and it would be nice if they added Backlot or Adventure for the intermediate thrill seekers.To quote her,"the men and children are happy but what about the ladies?".

IMO, at least another big coaster should be open. FOF, Firehawk, Racer, Vortex. Sheesh, only 2?

They only had two coasters open since 2009... it's been DB/Beast and WS/Vortex.

...and WS/Vortex is actually only one coaster.

To me it's kinda odd that Invertago is open early instead of The Beast. The Beast is right there in the area anyway, so I don't see why they would open a ride clear across the park.

That being said, I'll miss morning marathons on The Beast where me and my dad were the only ones on the entire train, but rides later in the day are better after the track has warmed up and more people are on the trains. I'll make more trips in the evenings to get those nice night rides this year.

The lady in front looked at me like I had two heads when I left at 9:25am.

"Do you need your hand stamped?" No. She must have thought something was wrong.

I will say, too...the ticket takers were waving, high fiving, and being very nice and boisterous this morning when they came out. Very cool to see, had NEVER seen anything like that there before. A nice touch, especially would be for a first time visitor.

I was there the 2nd weekend at like 8:45 and was 1st in line because of the rain and the ticket takers came out and started singing and then doing the wave and then high fiving everyone up and down the lines. They told me it was a new tradition they were starting. I totally agree with you that it makes it seem they love their job and make everyone feel welcome.

I have left after ERT and the stamper has asked me if something has happened or was i not satisfied...I just laughed and left.

I was there the 2nd weekend at like 8:45 and was 1st in line because of the rain and the ticket takers came out and started singing and then doing the wave and then high fiving everyone up and down the lines. They told me it was a new tradition they were starting. I totally agree with you that it makes it seem they love their job and make everyone feel welcome.

On opening day, they did the high fives down the line as well. Definitely was a great touch.