What is your Backlot Stunt Coaster Expirience?

mccarthysnerd

What is your expirience on Backlot Stunt Coaster (Italian Job Stunt Track) at Kings Island?

Do you like the restraints? Are they uncomfortable? Do you wish Paramount Still ran the ride? How about those old water effects?

Whats YOUR overall rating of the ride, and is it worth the sometimes long wait?

1 I hate the restraints, people like me do not conform to those seats, i had a cramp from that ride 2. Yes 3. Yes 4 I want those back now 5. Worth the wait 9/10. Another thing is that usually in the tunnel theres always loud screaming, never got away from the screaming...

Pretty sure I'm the only one who likes Premier restraints, though I don't entirely understand the point of the foot restraint. I miss many things about the Paramount era, but not the way they neglected the theming of this ride. I very much liked getting to experience the water effects again at Kings Dominion, and I wish they'd return at KI. The ride is a solid, enjoyable experience, but there are several coasters with shorter waits that I enjoy more at KI, so I rarely wait any longer than 5 minutes for the ride.

I'm not a fan of the restraints, and I miss the old working theming elements. IMHO, I don't think it's worth the wait, unless you've never ridden it and just want to experience it. I never go on it unless someone I'm with wants to.

I am not a fan of the restraints but I think this coaster still has some good parts. 1. The helix up after the launch. (It sends blood down to my feet everytime!) 2. The banked curve. I really like it for some reason (maybe just because I lean into it idk...) 3. The tunnel is still fun especially at night. I wouldnt wait more that 25 minutes for it but I would rate the ride 8/10. Its a bit on the slower side but still packs a little bit of a punch to make me ride it atleast once everytime I visit.

I always enjoy it, though I miss the car's details a bit.

From what I remember, the restraints are like Flight of Fear, which can slam in on a small person like it's an empty seat. Ouch to pinched nerves.

It's a fun little quick thing like Adventure Express without the sewie smell, I always ride it when I'm there.

Fast or slow, I just love being launched into a ride. I could do without the chopper/fireball scene unless it's operating as designed... which I guess was kinda lame anyways, so, ok I guess. Anyways, it's a fun coaster for its size, but it lacks the 'soul' of the other coasters in the park.

I think it's a fun little ride when the wait is on the shorter side. 1) I think the restraints are fine 2) I don't think it's uncomfortable 3) Toss up 4) I wish it still had the water effects, but it's nothing I would lose sleep over/influence me to ride or not ride. 5) 6.5/10

Pretty sure I'm the only one who likes Premier restraints, though I don't entirely understand the point of the foot restraint.

In the event that the train gets stuck in the "banked curve" (after weaving through the police cars), the rider is close to being inverted (espeically the one near the opening. Should one pass out from all the blood rushing to their head, the foot restraint is designed to keep you in the seat and not fall out.

I don't believe that the ride has ever operated at 100% since opening as was intended/marketed. The helicopter scene was much better with all of the fire and water effects, however the hard water marks left on the cars did not go over well.

• Like 1

Yes the restraints, and comfort are fine, great coaster over all, I did like the effects under last owner. Good coaster over all, bad placement in the park, losing the tiques, and the eagles!

But today is the present cannot dwell on what we lost, the coaster is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Backlot is cool; the launch feels faster than Flight of Fear's launch (even though FOF goes a bit faster). I do find the helix do be a bit dizzying, though. I once rode it when it was raining and I was singing "Set fire to the rain" (Adele) as the train came to the fire/explosians part :lol: