Thank you Ouimet!

gigacoaster2k

Just remember, they haven't worked double shifts with 100 degree weather every day yet. It's only the second week of operation.

You always down play the employees at the park and it's getting rather annoying.

You're obviously butthurt. Just because you didn't enjoy it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Just like any other job I guarentee most employees with Cedar Fair enjoy their positions, that is if they have a good attitude.

Not "butthurt" at all. I agree with you, but I'm also thinking of it realistically. The summers are hotter than hell here, and often times when they are out there in that heat for 5+ hours it gets to you. Even if they like what they are doing (now) doesn't mean they won't have an off day or two. But again the employees will put on the facade of being happy and friendly which is what they should do. I say this, we should wait till Mid July, mid August and see if the Awesome Attitude is still there (Which it must likely will but not as great as it was on Opening Day/weeks afterward).

I don't know about a season pass this year, but I definitely want to make it to ride The Beast, now that I've heard I won't have to risk a rib or two.

Sounds like some great changes that I'd like to see. I'll have to plan a weekday getaway.

I think the menu changes will really pay off in the long run, with more people eating in the park. Some days it's just too hot for pizza and dogs.

Since so many happy posters are also commenting on the actions of employees, it would be interesting to know if there was a significant difference to the training, approach, expectations, this year

The theme for this year's training is "The best day ever." No doubt that some ideas were used from Disney's world class customer service model.

I spend alot of time in Planet Snoopy with my daughter and I will say that all of the ride operators there are awesome. Not to say that they were not last year but this year they do seem happier. They even made me laugh a few times . I even like some of the new props they have around the area. The front gate people were also really happy it seemed. I feel overall that the park itself has a better positive feel to it. Cant wait to see the park on travel channel .

• Like 2

Just remember, they haven't worked double shifts with 100 degree weather every day yet. It's only the second week of operation.

You always down play the employees at the park and it's getting rather annoying.

You're obviously butthurt. Just because you didn't enjoy it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Just like any other job I guarentee most employees with Cedar Fair enjoy their positions, that is if they have a good attitude.

Not "butthurt" at all. I agree with you, but I'm also thinking of it realistically. The summers are hotter than hell here, and often times when they are out there in that heat for 5+ hours it gets to you. Even if they like what they are doing (now) doesn't mean they won't have an off day or two. But again the employees will put on the facade of being happy and friendly which is what they should do. I say this, we should wait till Mid July, mid August and see if the Awesome Attitude is still there (Which it must likely will but not as great as it was on Opening Day/weeks afterward).

You are right.

I hope the current trend is the norm, but the park has been open a handful of days. Once the daily grind sets in, and the "new" job has worn off, it will be intresting to see if the happiness continues.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Not saying the hot weather is not going to change a persons mood, but the year round parks are in a hot climate almost every day!

Not really. The SoCal parks see 50 degree weather during our "winter" months and lots of rain generally. When I was at the Merry Farm people were bundled up in heavy winter coats, lol... and see the dopey people sit in front row at Shamu at SWC but usually nearly all of them just end up running for the dry zone anyway the moment the whales come out. Already wet from the downpour of rain what difference is the 55 degree salt water gonna make? XD

Unless you are talking about Florida and even then it isn't truly hot and humid year round.

• Like 2

After running the CF chain for a few years now, it seems most everything is on the up and up. I won't be going back until the 2015 season to see how everything has come along. Come to think of it, I haven't even been to KI or CP under Ouimet's reign. Should be an interesting trip.

• Like 3