Illegal Mountain Bike Ride Through Canada's Wonderland

Found this on Screamscape. Apparently on Good Friday, two brothers were out riding their bikes when they came across an open gate at Canada's Wonderland. Rather than ignore it or inform the park, they decided to take a nice 6-minute joyride through the closed park, surprisingly without being approached by security or other park officials. However, one person did comment on the video saying that he "lost his job" because of them, so I'm guessing the park has taken measures to ensure that this won't happen again...

I'm not sure who the bigger idiot(s) is/are here: the two bikers for trespassing, the guy who lost his job for (presumably) leaving the gate open, or the whole security department for giving these guys the run of the place for six minutes and never showing up to stop them.

Its a GREAT watch, watch it!!!! You arent encouraging, not one bit, you are enjoying the sight of an EMPTY park and how things look when they are dormant. That was the only thing I enjoyed fully about the GOCC Winter Party at CP, the park tour when it was closed. Its a great vid and you have the opportunity to vicariously do something that would get you tossed in the slammer if you did it yourself. As a former LEO, I can say.... Is it "against the rules"? Well, yes it is. However, no one was injured, defamed, morally damaged, and no proprietary or intellectual information was gained/lost in this adventure so enjoy it for what it is.

Edit to say.... if I could do this around the GL property without getting arrested, you can bet your last dollar Id be on my way to Aurora as we speak!!

• Like 1

If you leave the door to your house open, is it ok for jerks like these to trespass into your house? All people that allowed this to happen should be fired and or suspended and the riders arrested after getting their identity off of this video. You do not have the right to walk into a business or private home because they left the door open.

Very interesting video to say the least. I think it looks like a lot of fun (Only with permission) I can't imagine not running into a single security guard on that long of a bike trek. I do wonder what exact time of the year that was shot? No snow on the ground in Canada, so it looks to be recent maybe?

If nothing else, I now want to visit the park, as a paying customer. (lol) I think the two riders could be in big trouble, and of course the "lack of" security.

Just a few words

1. Where are the bike security gaurds? Their all over KI's parking lot!

2. When you are doing something illegal, videotaping it and posting it on the internet, makes you become a person that may go on the dumb criminal list, and may make you a candidate for jailtime!

3. Hannah Barberra happy rainbow!

It's crazy that somebody would...

1. tresspass into an amusement park

...and...

2. videotape it

...then...

3. post it on the internet

...and...

4. write the word "illegal" in the title of the video.

Sometimes people just don't think things through. :blink: Although they seemed to have meant no harm, it's so very illegal!

On a lighter note, it was very interesting to watch - and like KIfan73 said, an authorized legal video of a park ride-through like this would be a super great idea for an offseason promo video! I've only been to Canada's Wonderland twice, but seeing this video really makes me want to go back! They have some really unique rides there that I'd love to ride again!