Sundays in May

ferncreek2015

Hello, I am new to KI Central and very excited about posting and seeing what people have to say. Anyway, I'd like to make a trip to the park this month and need some crowd advice. I've never been to the park on a sunday in may and I have no idea what the crowds are like then. I am thinking about going next sunday, the 13th. I checked online and saw it was bring a friend day for gold season pass holders. Does this inflate the crowds any? I really appreciate your help!

Welcome to KIC the home to the BB1 account! That depends, if its really sunny out and its warm, then theres a 45% chance of more people coming than usual, also since it is mothers day it could be crowded due to people taking their mothers to KI. Its truely a variable in the equation...

Its an estimate, based on most attendances. Also, my mother likes being taken to KI, so does her mother, but not her mother. Profits my terpy, profits.

Musa Basjoo.

Sunday was packed. I rode Adventure Express and The Racer a few times before deciding to bail.

Also, you can't choose Red or Blue Racer at the entrance now. Was it like that Friday? I didn't notice it then. Staff divides up guests at the trains now, which probably explains what happened to the fence.

Sunday sucked out loud with crowds...even a substantial wait during ERT's for DB. But, there were busloads upon busloads of hungover after prom imbeciles in their matching t-shirts, clogging up the works pretty dramatically.

Why we left at 11:30. When AE is lined up out to the sign that early, it is not a good day to get rides in.

• Like 1

Sunday was packed. I rode Adventure Express and The Racer a few times before deciding to bail.

Also, you can't choose Red or Blue Racer at the entrance now. Was it like that Friday? I didn't notice it then. Staff divides up guests at the trains now, which probably explains what happened to the fence.

Been like that all year. Love the change.

There's a simple reason why the park was so busy this weekend.

Weather on Opening Day wasn't pleasing for most families to enjoy at Kings Island. With the weather being in the high 70s to 80s this weekend meant that families wanted to come out and enjoy themselves at the park. Now for the teeny boppers after prom? I can't explain that to you just that most people go to Kings Island the day after prom night....

Remember that the park begins daily operations on Friday which means the park shouldn't be overly crowded the weekday of May 14-18.

Yeah, I heard in another forum that Sunday was a mess. I heard, however, that it was due to Drop Tower, Delirium, and Windeeker being closed. Some were speculating that this was due to a REALLY bad storm on Friday that could have possibly caused some minor damage with a lightning strike to the three previously mentioned rides. There were numerous claims of a lightning strike near DT and a loud thunder clap following the strike.The closing of the three rides could have possibly caused the long lines and such. Did anyone else witness these three rides closed on Sunday?

Delirium was running on Sunday. WindSeekers are being modified.Drop Tower was down for precautionary reasons because of storm,im sure there checking things out now. FoF was a two hour wait at 3:30 Sunday,the temperature said 81,but it felt like 91. The asphalt was cooking like it was July.

Well, Im really excited about my trip Sunday, but there is one problem that has come up. There weather forecast isnt looking all that great and I was wondering what I should expect. Ive never been to the park on a day with REALLY bad weather. I was wondering how long rides are typically shut down during inclement weather and how much of an impact this will have on crowds. Basically, should I let this dictate if I go or not? I would highly appreciate your help.

^ All too true as I experienced on my evening visit Friday, the 4th. So yes while some early rain or the threat of bad weather can keep the crowds on the lower than average side of things, beware of actually going when the weather is bad. In fact, I felt our waits were actually longer based on somew rides staying closed longer, people were scrambling to find open rides.