Another Change That No One Has Mentioned (I Love the 80s Store)

BoddaH1994

On the left side of International Street, there is a new store called "I Love the 80s." It's actually a really neat concept. They have a lot of things that I didn't even know you could get anymore. Things like board games vintage board games that were popular in the 80s and vintage t-shirts adorn the walls. There are also a fair share of Rubiks Cubes and other novelties.

Definitely worth checking out!!!!

Just out of curiosity, what previous shop has this replaced, or was it worked in to another existing shop? The only three that I can think of on the left side of International Street are Emporium, Thrill Seekers, and Thrill Seekers Jr. (which seems kind of silly to me). Although I was born in the 90's, I sure can't wait to check this place out! :)

It's such a cool store! Their selection of "wayfarer" style sunglasses was awesome. I loved all the t-shirts. I have a feeling I am going to end up spending a lot of money in that store!

My dad had a book on solving the thing (The Simple Solution to Rubik's Cube by James G. Nourse - long out of print, but available on Amazon really cheap), so I often solved it that way, but I can definitely recall peeling the stickers off or taking it apart and re-assembling it to solve it as well.

For me though, it was more fun either messing it up and seeing how long it took my dad to solve it, or making silly patterns with it (crosses, stripes, checkerboard, etc.).

Was it just me or were they not selling the regular Rubiks Cube? I saw a "Rubiks Twist" and a Rubiks Cube that had silver foil sides but I didn't see any of the regular colored cubes. Weird huh?

There are 3 styles of the Rubik's cube, including the original.

• 1 year later...