New Season Pass Loyalty Program Tidbits

BoddaH1994

Prime time it is not.The highly competent hands must not be available to work on Funperks. My favorite perk would be to have no PAPARAZZI when i walk in and around the front of the park!!!!!!!!

Horrible...I cross the front with my arms crossed in front of my face, saying "no, no, no, no", and STILL, they hound you.

They need to be much, MUCH less pushy.

I was about ready to kill the girl that wanted to take my picture (figuratively, please do not turn me in to the cops for planned murder) - my dad and I walked in..."Hey, step right her and I'll take your picture"

"No."

"It will take just a second!"

"No!"

"C'mon, I'll take your picture."

"No, thanks" (proceeding to walk on)

She cut us off and basically made us get in position for a picture.

..Sorry, off topic but just going with the previous post.

I'm signed up now too! Funperks.com url worked fine.

Yesterday the lady at rivertown potato works asked me if I knew about it, and if I had a gold pass. I replied that I had a platinum pass and handed it to her. She said it was only good for gold passes (lol) - I suggested she scan it anyway. ;-) She did mention it was only for KI passes, I wonder if the issuing park would have anything to do with the problem CPBob is having? I would think that when it's fully operational it would not matter, but you never know. They also have souvenir pilsner glasses for us adult beverage drinkers at Carowinds.... 9.99 to purchase, 5.99 to refill. (wink wink, nudge nudge if any KI folks are reading!)

"only for KI passes" makes me wonder if this is another test like FastPass.

while yes the picture people are very annoying, it takes no time to stop, smile, get your ticket, then throw it away. Im guessing they have to get a certain quota of pictures each day. I always stop for a picture, plus others wont stop me when I show em the lil ticket. Plus, in my experience, if they take a picture with their camera they may take a picture with yours. /rant

I am liking all of these season pass perks..

Prime time it is not.The highly competent hands must not be available to work on Funperks. My favorite perk would be to have no PAPARAZZI when i walk in and around the front of the park!!!!!!!!

Horrible...I cross the front with my arms crossed in front of my face, saying "no, no, no, no", and STILL, they hound you.

They need to be much, MUCH less pushy.

My friend and I had a photographer sincerely scream the "hi, welcome to Kings Island, squeeze together for me" spiel on opening day. It was actually really humorous--it was like she had had just the wrong number of no's for the day, and she was not having any more. :lol:

That being said, it's like 16gwoods said: they've got quotas they need to fill. You can't fault them that much, even if you think they're annoying--it's no different than the people working the floor at electronics stores or the average worker on an assembly floor. They probably know it's a pain in the butt to be asked, as it's probably a pain to do the asking. They probably get attitudes left and right from people, especially if park guests "leave their brains in the car," as the phrase goes around here sometimes. So don't come down too hard on them, guys. They aren't there with their cameras to bother you; they're just trying to make money.

• Like 3

Does anybody else wonder if they are tracking how much season pass holders spend in the park to decide whether or not to continue Gold Passes or increase the cost? I always buy something every visit since I feel a little guilty about spending 70 bucks and playing on their 25 million dollar toy all year.

Does anybody else wonder if they are tracking how much season pass holders spend in the park to decide whether or not to continue Gold Passes or increase the cost? I always buy something every visit since I feel a little guilty about spending 70 bucks and playing on their 25 million dollar toy all year.

Well yes, I think that's part of it. I'm sure they'll use the data gathered to figure out what the typical buying patern is and allow them to customize your gold pass or serve your experience better. I don't see anything wrong with it, similar to a kroger plus card, they get a little info on my buying habits, I get coupons directed towards the things I buy so I keep coming back. Its a win/win for both sides.

I'm signed up now too! Funperks.com url worked fine.

Yesterday the lady at rivertown potato works asked me if I knew about it, and if I had a gold pass. I replied that I had a platinum pass and handed it to her. She said it was only good for gold passes (lol) - I suggested she scan it anyway. ;-) She did mention it was only for KI passes, I wonder if the issuing park would have anything to do with the problem CPBob is having? I would think that when it's fully operational it would not matter, but you never know. They also have souvenir pilsner glasses for us adult beverage drinkers at Carowinds.... 9.99 to purchase, 5.99 to refill. (wink wink, nudge nudge if any KI folks are reading!)

"only for KI passes" makes me wonder if this is another test like FastPass.

It sure is. If (and when) the program is successful, you'll probably see it rolled out chain-wide within 3 years.

Let me guess.....for 25000 points you can go to the skeeball building and get a plastic back scratcher.

Not in the least. The perks seem to really be lucrative even at a low level.

Well yes, I think that's part of it. I'm sure they'll use the data gathered to figure out what the typical buying patern is and allow them to customize your gold pass or serve your experience better. I don't see anything wrong with it, similar to a kroger plus card, they get a little info on my buying habits, I get coupons directed towards the things I buy so I keep coming back. Its a win/win for both sides.

I don't see anything wrong with it either I just think we need to be mindfull that the park is a business that has to make money. There are alot of comments about eating outside the park and I think that may have caught the attention of the powers that be.

well when its #1 fan site is openly discussing how its cheaper and easier to drive down the road to go to skyline then come back it has to be noticed, if you are person who cares about such things and not record breaking thrill rides.... food improvements was just 1 step, this loyalty program seems to me that the park is really understanding that people choose to spend their money in the park and can choose to spend it elsewhere if they feel the package is not worth the price...

well when its #1 fan site is openly discussing how its cheaper and easier to drive down the road to go to skyline then come back it has to be noticed, if you are person who cares about such things and not record breaking thrill rides.... food improvements was just 1 step, this loyalty program seems to me that the park is really understanding that people choose to spend their money in the park and can choose to spend it elsewhere if they feel the package is not worth the price...

Yep. Kinzel's "people gotta eat" mentality appears to be well and truly gone.

So, I tried to use my drink wristband today. First i went to Cinnabon, and they said they didn't have wristbands. So we walk to the Ice Cream place in Planet Snoopy. The girl working there said "We only have the souvenir cup refill wristbands." I asked if I could just have one of those since I have a souvenir cup anyway. She said that was fine, but then found out they didn't have today's wristbands, only Monday's. (This was all around 10am) So then we go to that little food and drink stand that is across the midway from the swings. The girl there was very rude. She didn't understand what I meant about just using one of the souvenir cup wristbands. So FINALLY we go to the Coney Mall Skyline. They also only had the souvenir cup wristbands, and not the 32oz free refills one (or whatever size it mentioned on the coupon). But they actually let me use the souvenir cup one at Skyline, after having to bring over a supervisor. it was all really a hassle. I still have no idea where you are supposed to get the one they mentioned on the coupon... I imagine they will be getting tons of those coupons in the coming weeks so someone better get their act together and figure it out.

Once I finally got the wristband though everything worked out great! I really liked being able to use the free refills on the new Coke Freestyle machine in Hank's Burrito Shack!

i love the idea of the Funperks, it just seems like they have some kinks to work out!

Buy tracking is what I thought of, too. If Season pass holders make a break for the gate at lunch, what would keep them in the park ?

As to the photographers, I make like Robert Downey, Jr. And give them the smile and the pose.

After all, the picture is taken when you just get in the park, your hair is reasonable, you're not soaked, and you're not covered in food stains.

Last year, I got to go to the park with a very good friend I don't get to hang around with as much anymore. We posed for the camera, and later that night, I realized that the picture would make a good memory. You don't know when that day at the park is gonna be the perfect one.

You should always pose, and then take the little card home with you. The images show up on a website, and you can download a proof of it for free. Sure, they are watermarked, and the size is miniature...but I like to collect them every time I go, just so I can have a small, free reminder of the fun I had that day.

I posed 3 times today :) . Panda Express doesnt take Gold Card! Would have been nice to know before i spent 24 bucks there today. I purchased a burger and fries later and fries were cold and no toppings on burger,apparently i didnt ask? Im trying hard to spend money on food in the park,but there not living up to the hype yet.We need some of those white collar workers i always see walking around Cedar Point to move down south.Other than that, Awesome day at the park!!! Marathoning Diamondback!!!!!!