This past weekend (May 5th-6th)

My son and I are coaster enthusuasts who usually just go to the parks on the weekdays (I am a teacher) and enjoy as many rides in the day as we possibly can get it. This weekend however we decided to brave the weekend and see how we could do.

Saturday we were the first ones in line at the entrance. We always begin with Diamondback with ERT so we decided to head their first. After almost being run over by screaming teenagers, we make our way to the DB. I told everyone they were running to nothing because of the filming of the ride for the Travel Channel. We ended up being on the first train and the first train they filmed after the opening rides for those who were invited. They had a camera in the water for the splashdown. Really hoping that we are on the show!(Not likely I know) This was the only time we got to ride this.

We decided to go get some small rides that were open in Snoopy Land while waiting for rest of park to open.

We then rode Flight of Fear as a walk on and The Vortex opened soon after that so we went and rode that next. We rode AE and Racer. After this the park began becoming FILLED and i mean FILLED with same colored shirts from School groups. We decided to leave the park for lunch. When we returned the Park was as packed as i have ever seen it. Every major ride was at LEAST an hour wait and even the smaller rides were more than a 15 minute wait.

We stayed the whole day and mostly played some arcade games, and rode rides when we could. We ended up riding everything that was there with the exception of Delirium. Finished the night with a flight on Firehawk in the pitch dark. That is always fun. The Beast was closed until after noon and WindSeeker is still not functional. Drop Tower was supposedly struck by lightning on Friday and was inoperational.

All in all it was a great time to be at the park. Not something I would do more than once but it was interesting to see all the people there.

SUNDAY we arrived for ERT and walked on DB three times before 9:30. After we tired of DB we went to The Beast and then to The Vortex where they were fiming for the Travel Channel. We rode The Vortex and then over to the Firehawk which was a walk on surprisingly. We then went to FOF for a 5 minute wait and then on to the Delirium, Racer, and the Invertigo. We had successfully done every coaster by 11:30. This was the time that all of the busses began pulling up with teenagers and their after prom parties. It was extremely busy after noon and to the point that me and my son left at around 2 after riding some water things.

A great weekend at the park, My son loves it no matter when we go. (He is now 13)

Interesting...we got to the DB at 9:10ish, by 9:25, when we got back from first ride, was a good, long line already. A good 20 minute wait. A ton of people for ERT there yesterday, way more than I have ever seen. Line went past the pop machines, and around the first bend in the que...

Therefore, only rode it once during ERT. We went over to Invertigo, and walked on it.

Very odd the way they have Invertigo running all by itself, and DB and Planet Snoopy open.

BTW, Drop Zone, Delirium, and WindSeeker were all closed at approx 11am. FOF was lined up out the door and snaked 4-5 times into the outdoor que (at least a 40 min wait), and Firehawk was at minimum a half hour wait at 10:30-11am.

We left around 11:30.

Were we at the same park at the same time???

You are talking about Sunday correct? We rode FOF right after the Firehawk which we rode Firehawk on the first yellow train at 10:05. As we left the FOF the line was already to the door. We must have just been lucky. We didnt ride Delirium till way after noon. We rode the DB 3 times before the 10 AM singing and countdown. They were doing the countdown right as we got off the last DB ride.

Are they doing ERT the same way as they always have, just flash your Platinum Pass? Also do the Platinum passes look the same this year? I still have to get mine, so I am hoping they have a renewal option this year.