We're Getting Bigger!

http://news.yahoo.com/no-end-obesity-epidemic-20-forecast-shows-194725214.html

So I guess that 42% of U. S. citizens will not fit on amusement park rides by the year 2030.

Let's just say that it's 42% across the boards (no pun intended) that would mean a BIG drop (once again, no pun intended) in park attendance.

Are B&M, Intamin, Huss, and all the other ride manufacturers listening?

• Like 1

I don't want to be among them. I plan on losing 30 lbs this year. Part of my plan (back, you zombies!) anyway, is to visit during low-attendance times and marathon back and forth among my three favorite coasters, Beast, Vortex, and AE. I find that to be an enjoyable way to 1. Avoid my habit of snacking and instead enjoy the zero-calorie indulgence of coaster joy (( :ph34r: )) and 2. Burn off all the stored fat and stay hydrated with zero-carb, sugar-free drinkage. Then, once again, I can enjoy my other two favorites (DB and BLSC) without being mercilessly stapled in. My first wakeup call was being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My second was the dreaded "click.... we need two more.... grunt.... click..." :mellow: Wish me good fortune, my friends.

• Like 1

Good luck Thrill.

Last season I had to staple myself to get that little black line to show up on Diamondback. This off season I lost over 30 pounds and now I have no issues (got clicks to spare).

Last year really was a wake up call that I needed to do something or I wasn't going to be able to ride coasters!

I'm sure it also helps with quality of living, health, life expectancy and blah blah blah...but COASTERS! Gotta have 'em!!

I don't want to be among them. I plan on losing 30 lbs this year. Part of my plan (back, you zombies!) anyway, is to visit during low-attendance times and marathon back and forth among my three favorite coasters, Beast, Vortex, and AE. I find that to be an enjoyable way to 1. Avoid my habit of snacking and instead enjoy the zero-calorie indulgence of coaster joy (( :ph34r: )) and 2. Burn off all the stored fat and stay hydrated with zero-carb, sugar-free drinkage. Then, once again, I can enjoy my other two favorites (DB and BLSC) without being mercilessly stapled in. My first wakeup call was being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My second was the dreaded "click.... we need two more.... grunt.... click..." :mellow: Wish me good fortune, my friends.

Kings Island's marketing department should use this as a promotional gimmick. :P Something like, not only is Kings Island fun, it also helps you lose weight!! :D In all seriousness though, it truly did provide me with the kick in the butt to get myself into gear to lose weight. I was at Halloween Haunt last October and I noticed that things were just a little more snug than usual on a lot of the rides. The last straw was when I got onto Drop Tower. After getting in my seat, I pulled the shoulder harness down. I then tried to snap the safety belt together and it wouldn't quite reach to snap in. So a female ride attendant had to come over and push down on the shoulder harness a little more, but she couldn't get it either. Finally a male ride attendent came over, pressed down really hard on the shoulder harness and was able to get it snapped into place. Boy was that a tight fit. Anyways, after the ride was done, I then couldn't get the darn thing to unbuckle because it was so tight, I couldn't press down on my shoulder harness enough to get the darn thing to unbuckle. It was very embarrassing to say the least and after that incident, I vowed to lose weight. I'm proud to say that I've lost about 30 pounds since then and am working on losing even more. I'm bound and determined not to let that happen again.

this could be all our enthusiast's where there is a WILL there is a way,

All jokes folks someone today sued southwest for her being told to get two seats.

Come on we have became a 5th or 6th full meal society. Do your best i'm trying to , shed the way of the gut!

Use the force and the people around you and this site evens to help lead the light.

First be proud and so smiling about who you are !

http://todaytravel.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/04/11539830-woman-told-she-was-too-fat-to-fly-sues-southwest-airlines?lite

Plus the Presidents administration said a thinning healthier less obese society would save 5 billion with a b for health care.

Love this topic , all in moderation key to life!

• Like 1

Also we all carry our wanted and unwanted pounds so differently who the heck knows how to judge that, the best thing always be happy with yourself, and its the business that owns the plane, the ride, the experience, they should choose there way just like the smoking and non smoking bans and such:

You would hate to be regulated one day that Prohibiition is back no drinking!

THis is America the business decides , remember it was just 2 decades agao smoking was still on the plane with a smoking and non smoking ban.

I'm not a smoker but sometimes we have to be a common sense , business friendly approach to life!

I don't calories, I don't do my best to exercise regularly, but I keep in mind what I eat. I don't make it a point to finish every single portion I ever eat. A small soda here is the equivalent to a medium or large in Europe. It's larger portions.

To me seats on coasters don't have much to do with weight as body proportions. I was with a group where the person who weighed most could ride, while a person who weighed less actually couldn't. Ride seats are designed to accommodate the majority of people based on body proportions, but no matter how much you try you will never be able to accommodate everyone.

To me seats on coasters don't have much to do with weight as body proportions.

I agree. I've always had broad, big shoulders, which have always caused problems for me on rides with shoulder harnesses. Even when I was in shape, the shoulder harnesses always were always uncomfortable for me because of my big shoulders. So, the combination of big shoulders with a bigger gut, certainly didn't help with trying to buckle the safety belt on Drop Tower at the time. That was the only ride I had trouble on and I was at 187 pounds at the time. So, I definitely agree that it's all about body proportions.

To me seats on coasters don't have much to do with weight as body proportions.

Well, it kinda does have to do with weight for a lot of people. If you gain weight, it changes your body proportions. It certainly did on me. I fit in coasters fine until I gained a bunch of weight. Now that I've lost a bunch of that weight, I fit in them normally just like I used to. Some people pack weight into different parts of their body as well making their proportions different.

Of course, this isn't true for everyone. There are certain people that are never going to fit in certain coasters normally (I'm sure Shaq has that problem).