Other Parks

SonofBaconator

I went to Tampa, FL for vacation and we spent one day at Busch Gardens Africa. Even though the park is African themed, I still felt a whole different atmosphere that I didn't feel at Kings Island despite the fact that there was different attractions offered in the park that Kings Island didn't. So my question is:What sets Kings Island different from other parks?

I think its the Roller Coasters that seperate KI from other parks. You have 13 operating roller coasters in one park If you count racer as 2 and remove great pumpkin coaster from the list. The thing I think that seperates BGT from KI is that it is a year round park. So they have more revenue to spend on theming. Also I don't have official statistics but BGT would make plenty of more money that KI based on admission prices alone. BGT one day pass (two day if you visit within 7 days of first visit) is $72 for one person. If you go to kroger atleast in Indianapolis you can purchase a one day pass at KI for $30. IMO the year round park operations plus a more expensive park means they have a more disposable income to spend on things like theming or animals attractions. You can see it with their shows and animal exhibits and other things when walking around the park. I think what helps too is their climate. You can plant a tree or flowers there and they will bloom and look good all year long (At BGT). With KI the snow will kill most of the plants and shrubs so they have to replant and garden different plants every year. Thats just my two cents.

I would say the amusement park feel - Busch Gardens, Disney, Universal, etc., are themed and are more of an "experience". Kings Island is a fun, no-worry place to find a ride and go ride it. When visiting theme parks it seems like you plan more, make it a big deal, stay for three days, and it's your number one vacation for the summer.

I would recomend this for the " Polls" forums. At KI its more of the family at the park, themes galore in areas of the park, basically its the money, land, and resources, like the economics equations, that makes the park. KI does not have much room for expansions in some areas, some we do, which is a crunch, the money of CF is crunched inbetween the parks, and the resources are just not seen for the park, like money, money, and some currency. Basically is the company and focus that makes up the park.

Kings Island is a local park. Unlike a place like Florida where you have 5-6 parks within an hour drive, Kings Island is really the local market. It's a product of Cincinnati where people from nearby can come and spend a day and be back home for dinner. You can take a girl from school, you can go with your parents, you can go with friends, or you can go by yourself. Unlike destination parks, there's less stress.

When I'm at one of the big destination parks, I feel like I'm on vacation. When I'm at Kings Island, I feel like I'm at home.

• Like 3