What would you do?

BB1

If you were to become the owner of KI right now what change(s) would you make? Leave answers in comments below.

What i would do is:

-Bring back BB

-Revamp R.T.

-Make a decision ondestruction and or a slow but sure rebuild of SOB

-Add the necessary restrooms in X-Base.

I would remove SOB, move Stunt Coaster to the Action Zone (I think it would be a better fit there), have GCI build a terrain coaster in the valley where SOB was and build some sort of antique car family type ride with a lot of landscaping again in the middle of the park.

• Like 2

Hmm, interesting topic.

First, I'd put the bathrooms in X-Base.

Second, I would remove SoB. I love it and all, but as an executive it would be costing me way too much money to try and reopen it.

Third, I would try to remove the tin box in Rivertown, and replace it with a water ride, like Shoot the Rapids.

Fourth, I would try to revitalize Action Zone with maybe a new name and a new ride to go with it. How about Land of Thrills, with a new gigacoaster named Thriller, after the Michael Jackson song? Maybe add some zombies and have the song playing in the station? It could work.

I totally agree with Diamondbacker, that sounds like a future CEO to me.

1. Definitely put bathrooms in X-Base since the longest waits are for those rides anyway

2. We need to do something with the cleanliness of the park. It used to be so much better but around the eating establishments it seems very grungy

3. I think we need to take out the rides that people just dont fancy anymore and yes even the stupid WS as it never works anyway and add something that brings a spark to the park.

How about Land of Thrills, with a new gigacoaster named Thriller, after the Michael Jackson song? Maybe add some zombies and have the song playing in the station? It could work.

Love that idea! One of my favorite songs of all time :D It'd be awesome to have zombie theming all throughout the ride - I bet it'd be a hit especially during Halloween Haunt!

with a new gigacoaster named Thriller, after the Michael Jackson song? Maybe add some zombies and have the song playing in the station? It could work.

I made a ride on RTC3 called Thriller, and i listened to MJ's song while riding it last halloween. The one stumbling block is the rights and loyalties you would buy/pay for the song name, and MJ.

Here is a crazy idea - first thing I'd do is sit down with those that know the park inside and out, listen to their current plans, listen to their ideas, and listen to what they'd change.

Following this, I'd do nothing for a while - observe from the inside while working with my leadership team update the plans

I know, not sexy, but probably more reality.

My focus on where to change things would be around the guest experience: customer-associate interactions, food quality/value, ride wait times/experience, and park cleanliness.

• Like 1

2013: With out a doubt retheme Action Zone, have a GCI wood record breaking coaster built in place of SOB, add a path from the new Bavarian Village (renamed for Action Zone combined with Oktoberfest), SECTION back to x base along that path add new rides for Families like a spinning tea cup ride, stuff the whole family can ride.

Add restrooms and 1 flat to x base.

X base would be the first new section added. (general refurbishments) and reopening within ada requirements a sit down INTERNATIONAL RESTRAUNT : as a Themed Character family dinging from steaks to pizza:

2014: Then the following year construct out of the dino paid attraction a family jeepster attraction journey through dino island where you would start off with a movie intro in the action theatre!

2015 3rd year of owner ship, a rehab of River town with an addtional water ride, and 1 flat.

2016 4th year A family style dark ride on a enchanted river (love the possibilty of a whole new story line something in similar to six flags monster ride ).

2017 5th year a New steel coaster (probably in place of Vortex since its still sinking just kidding ). no back in x base with a 500 foot drop, going underground all themed to SPACE THE FINAL Exploration,

2018 6th year antique cars return on the highways of yesteryear:

2019 7th year: A 3rd gate! A Zoological park in partner ship with the ZOO, and has rides, slides, and animal explorations:

2020 8th year : Hanna barbera Camp grounds pools, fishing, bond fire each night, camp sites with fire rings, rv's and more!

2021 9th year Resort hotel all rooms around 50 to 70 bucks with a indoor pool 2 cafes'

2022 10th year: B & M Roller coaster:

2023 11th year: A 2nd water park (4th gate).

2024 12th year: A monorail connecting the 4 gates hotel, and campground with The newly acquired hotel /water park Ohio Miami Valley River adventure Resort, formerly great wolf lodge Mason/Cincinnati:

2025 13th Year: WINTERFEST Returns: with many attractions, food, santa land, Carousel of reindeers, snow, ice skating in the back woods,

Carolers, and at least 2 indoor walk through attractions likes elf school, and take the dark ride and jazz it up for the holiday sensation:

2026- 14th year CONEY MALL REFURBISHMENT: with 5 new flats, a totally redone station, track and red white and blue paint job on The Racer:

2027 - 15th anniversary for our ownership Kings Island is now up to 9 million annual visitors 4 parks , a haunt , and holiday sensation Winterfest:

with Kings Island, Water Works, Island of Animals , Boomerang bay totally Australia water park, Hanna barbera Camp Ground, ISLAND of HANNA BARBERA resort hotel.

New attraction: 200 foot ferris wheel right outside the Kings Island Gate, to anchor a future VILLAGE at the ISLAND (shoppes, playgrounds, pet areas, restraunts).

• Like 1

As owner of KI, I'd be owner of CF - I'd lower the prices so that more families could enjoy the parks (lower food prices too) and look to enlarge the parks to make them "destinations" a la Disney, so they would be a more than a one or two day visit.

• Like 1

To hank-that is a great idea, maybe buy out CF?

To west-If I were to say all of what I would do, thats what I would do. Would Boomerang Bay be Crocodile Dundee's?

Every body wants to lower the prices, build new mega giga roller coasters, expand new areas, lower admission charges, and such. If I had an extra $50 Billion to throw around and not needing it for anything else, then it will be a go. Now figure in the cost of these new rides, expansions, overhead costs, labor, cost to borrow funds and such and what will be the break even point. How long will it take before a profit is realized? and what will be the attendance that will be required and what will be the cap per person be? The only group that I know that has that kind of pocket change is the American taxpayer that Congress receives revenue from. This subject would be a great business policy paper for all college seniors to write before they graduate and go into the business world.

I would revamp sections of the park a little at a time. Since I missed visiting KI last year, I would love to see a nicer Coney Mall. Bring back some classic flat rides for this section. Rotor, Bayern Kurve, Antique Cars, Tumble bug ect.

So, how is Coney Mall with the addition of WindSeeker? I enjoyed Cedar Point"s version, right next to Wicked Twister. I guess I will find out in a few weeks.

1. Bathrooms

THEME. Use Music and buildings and dress for each area of the park.

2. Start rebuild of SOB.. why buy another steel coaster like everyone else has when they could get something distinctive happening?

3. Logflume in Rivertown.

4. Focus of getting a new flat every year in Coney Mall, perhaps bringing back some of the old flatrides that are still around that people can ride as a family, Tumble Bug, Spinning Ride... these things must still be around and operable for pretty cheap.

5. Dark Ride in Rivertown, Zombie theme in general is a brilliant idea. Something a little scarier than for the kiddos, but still a "family friendly" ride in the a/c

2013 - Begin the destruction of Son of Beast, remove the Crypt, Add bathrooms to X-Base, Touch up Action Zone (Remove water tower, fix blacktop, add some landscaping and new signs to make the area look fresh)

2014 - Complete removal of Son of Beast/the re-vamping of Action Zone. Add a modern flat ride in Action Zone. Paint The Racer.

2015 - Add a family friendly attraction to Rivertown in place of the Crypt. Old-style themed ride.

2016 - Modern roller coaster in Son of Beast's place. Whatever trend the coaster world seems to be following at the time.

2017 - Add a modern flat ride plus a restaurant to X-base/expand in that general direction

2018 - General park improvements/painting whatever needs painted

2019 - Add something of interest to Oktoberfest/Oktoberfest revival/re-theme

2020 - Remove Vortex assuming it has reached its lifespan.

2021 - Replace Vortex with a modern B&M coaster with inversions.