What would you do?

BB1

I'd have a day at the park reserved just for KIC'ers.

Once word got around about that day, this place would blooooow up.

i actually pictured gargamell saying that as i red what you just typed there.

Here is a crazy idea - first thing I'd do is sit down with those that know the park inside and out, listen to their current plans, listen to their ideas, and listen to what they'd change.

Following this, I'd do nothing for a while - observe from the inside while working with my leadership team update the plans

I know, not sexy, but probably more reality.

My focus on where to change things would be around the guest experience: customer-associate interactions, food quality/value, ride wait times/experience, and park cleanliness.

which (from my perspective) is exactly what mr. ouimet (or however you pronounce/spell his name) is doing. i think the park is in good hands now for a brighter future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to take it back to sort of the way it was when I was younger. I absolutely LOVED when it was Hanna-Barbera! I know that those characters aren't as popular anymore, but it would be nice if some of that theming was left. I remember the blue elephant in the pond that blew water out of it's trunk every so often. It sits at Jungle Jim's now. There was also a farm playland towards the back of kiddy land, I think it had a Scrappy Doo statue standing next to it. Anyone remember the puppet show tree? It was a huge tree with a face on it and it's shirt would open up to reveal the stage. Every year they'd have a new set of puppets that would sing and dance to a new line up of songs. I looked forward to this every year when I was a kid. Yep, I would bring that back.

I would definately bring back the Phantom Theater though. I'd set it in a special place in the park that would allow for great theming such as a dirt trail, spooky trees, fog and lighting effects outside the main building. I'd even like to redesign it so that the ride would have multiple levels that you could go open and down "stairways" to get to different areas of the theater.

I also loved the Scooby Doo store on International Street! I'd maybe put in a store that had "classic" characters from days past. Maybe a store that sold classic Hanna-Barbera merchanise and also classic Kings Island merchandise. I think that would be cool.

Another thing I would do would probably be to remove and retheme Planet Snoopy. I love the Peanuts as much as the next person, but I just don't think they make for exciting or relevant rides or theming. I just don't think they're exciting enough or even if they resonate with today's kids. First thing I would do would be to look for some licensed characters that made sense for today's kid market. What about video game characters? What about Sonic or Mario or Pokemon? The whole area could be setup like you are walking into a video game. Can you imagine retheming the Boo Blasters Castle dark ride to a Mario dark ride? You could ride through Bower's castle and use the laser gun to shoot animatronic goombas and turtles. If you aimed at special Question Mark boxes, you could receive extra points or a special "power up" for your laser gun allowing you to have rapid fire or something. Then at the end come up against an animatronic Bowser...aim your gun at the axe to make it fall and cut the rope to his platform. Awesome ride! What about a Sonic the Hedgehog coaster? A flying Tails ride? Robotnic's Robo-Bumper Cars? These are things that are appealing and exciting and would provide a lot of interesting theming for the area. Also, these are characters that kids know and love to interact with on a daily basis. Snoopy seems kind of boring when compared to these characters.

Another thing I would do would probably be to remove and retheme Planet Snoopy. I love the Peanuts as much as the next person, but I just don't think they make for exciting or relevant rides or theming. I just don't think they're exciting enough or even if they resonate with today's kids. First thing I would do would be to look for some licensed characters that made sense for today's kid market. What about video game characters? What about Sonic or Mario or Pokemon? The whole area could be setup like you are walking into a video game. Can you imagine retheming the Boo Blasters Castle dark ride to a Mario dark ride? You could ride through Bower's castle and use the laser gun to shoot animatronic goombas and turtles. If you aimed at special Question Mark boxes, you could receive extra points or a special "power up" for your laser gun allowing you to have rapid fire or something. Then at the end come up against an animatronic Bowser...aim your gun at the axe to make it fall and cut the rope to his platform. Awesome ride! What about a Sonic the Hedgehog coaster? A flying Tails ride? Robotnic's Robo-Bumper Cars? These are things that are appealing and exciting and would provide a lot of interesting theming for the area. Also, these are characters that kids know and love to interact with on a daily basis. Snoopy seems kind of boring when compared to these characters.

I really like this idea, but the only problem with it is that little kids (I'm talking 3-year-olds) ideally should be able to recognize many of the characters depicted. Kids (I hope) probably don't get into video games for several years after that, mainly because games of the kind you refer to usually require the ability to read. If 3-year-olds are into video games, they're most likely the educational type, which often just reuse characters from TV shows aimed at kids those age, not the platformers and shooters and Pokémon games.

I really like this idea, but the only problem with it is that little kids (I'm talking 3-year-olds) ideally should be able to recognize many of the characters depicted. Kids (I hope) probably don't get into video games for several years after that, mainly because games of the kind you refer to usually require the ability to read. If 3-year-olds are into video games, they're most likely the educational type, which often just reuse characters from TV shows aimed at kids those age, not the platformers and shooters and Pokémon games.

I can see your point, I wasn't really thinking about really young children. I'm basing this really on my neice and nephew, 9 and 5, who really like to play Mario and Sonic. Also, I worked with elementary school kids for 8 years and those kids ranged from ages 5 to 10. They were really into the Mario, Sonic and Pokemon games on Nintendo and Playstation.

2013 - The trams in the parking lot are brought back, so visitors would not have to take a large hike. Plans are reveled for a new exhibit which will be located where the Crypt is now. The exhibit would showcase the history of Kings Island and the Hall of Fame would be relocated to here.

2014 - The Crypt's building is removed and construction is started on the new exhibit. Many park executives were found walking around in SOB's station. A sit-down restaurant is added in Action Zone where Club Blood is located.

2015 - The new exhibit is opened to the public. Soak City gets two new water slides and a new lazy river. Music themed to the park areas is now played through out the park. DA also gets a new expansion and a a restaurant is built, plus new bathrooms. X-base also receives bathrooms. No announcement has been made on SOB, but construction equipment was spotted near the rose bowl.

2016 - An announcement is made stating that SOB will no longer be with us. Plans are revealed to re-theme Action Zone to Swiss Village and all the rides will be re-named and receive new themeing. Renovation begins the first day of the off season. Destruction on SOB also starts.

2017 - Swiss Village makes it's debut and SOB is still being deconstructed. The park adds a Wild West Shoot Em' Up show in Rivertown and trees are donated to the park in honor of our fallen troops. Water is added to Tower Gardens.

2018 - SOB is gone and plans for a new Mega Lite are released. The Three Point Challenge is removed and replaced with the Flying Eagles. Construction starts on the new coaster and is planned to open in 2019!

2019 - The new coaster opens and Mountaineer's (Flight Deck) que is reconstructed to make it less confusing. The park receives an award for the most visited attraction is Ohio. The park announces that BLSC will no longer be with us. The Beast turns 40!

2020 - BLSC is fully removed and plans for a Screamin' Swing are revealed. Rivertown and Coney Mall are given some minor themeing.

2021 - The Screamin' Swing opens.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

• Like 3

2013 - Construction begins on SOB's renovation. The Racer is retracked and repainted. Backlot Stunt Coaster has the splashdown returned and some flashing lights in the tunnel. Adventure Express theme is updated. Flight Deck has new themeing with plane props in the queue and plane props on the ride "shooting" you. The Crypt building has a KI history walkthrough during the year, and a haunt and kids halloween area during Halloween.

2014 - Son of Beast is reopened with retracking, better cars, the removal of the double helix, and more, making a smoother ride expirience. New restraints are installed on Vortex to reduce headbanging. A german show is added to the Festhaus and a german restraunt replaced Panda Express. Music fitting for each area is played.

2015 - Plans for a new inverted coaster are announced. Action Zone gets a new sit down restraunt, and a new sign to welcome you to Action Zone. Lots of new beautiful landsaping is installed throughout the park. Whatever needs to be repainted is repainted.

2016 - The last step of Action Zone's 5 year expansion (12' Invertigo paint 13' Flight Deck themeing 14' Son of Beast reopens 15' New sign, restraunt 16' invert) After Flyer, a 200ft invert, is put in the former Timberwold spot. It is KI's first new coaster since Diamondback in 2009.

Skipping ahead...

2022 - KI celebrates it's 50th anniversary by looking at what they've done in the past, every 10 years. In honor of 1982 and the Hanna Barbara expansion, KI expands Planet Snoopy by renaming it whatever kids are into in 2022. A mini Viking ship, and water bumper boats are added there. In honor of 1992 and Phantom Theatere, KI adds a new Western themed family dark ride in the KI history walkthrough's spot, which is relocated to Tower Gardens. Rivertown is renamed and rethemed to Western Town. In honor of 2002 and Tomb Raider: The Ride, a suspened top spin is added in the X-Base. In honor of 2012 and Soak City, KI expands Soak City by adding a new LAZY River, and a few new slides.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So now that SOB will be removed, I will change "my" future.

2013 - SOB has been removed and a long path is being put in connecting Action Zone to X-Base, which will be a future area. Splash River has new water effects added and a new LAZY River is put into Soak City. The Festhaus now has a german show, so it is themed to Germany and not Britain, and a new German Restraunt replaces Panda Express, as also, this is a German Area, not a Chinese Area. Backlot gets a splashdown and a few flashing red lights in the tunnel. Both Racers are repainted and retracked. Flight Deck has new props added in the queue and around the ride, including a plane you almost "crash" into where SOB used to be.

2014 - Space Base, a new area, is introduced, including Firehawk, Flight of Fear, an enclosed, Space themed suspended top spin, restrooms, a gift shop, a Screamin Swing (Is that what they are called?), and some food and drink places. A new B&M invert is well under construction, as well. The Club Blood building has a new sit down restraunt, but the restraunt is closed and Club Blood is up during Haunt. Themed music is played. New restraints are installed on Vortex to reduce headbanging. A show is added in the Timberwolf building, so it can be in use when there is now special events.

2015 - Pilot, the first inverted hyper coaster, is opened. It is mostly located in SOB's former spot. Whatever needs to be repainted is repainted. Other small adjustments needed are added to the park. Plans for a new dark ride in The Crypts former bulding are announced.

2016 - Rivertown is renamed Western Town. A new Western themed dark ride is added in the Crypts former building. Western town has new Western Themeing. Lots of new Landscaping is added. Dinosaurs Alive! is now free for gold passholders. Other things are updated.

2017 - The movie in Action Theatere is changed to a simulator of some of the Kings Island coasters, with the return of the motion seats. other stuff is updated.

2018 - Whatever small, family flat is popular in 2018, is put in front of Backlot by the Eiffel Tower. The park announces the day of wooden coasters isn't over yet, revealing a new, looping, wooden hyper coaster by the gravity group.

2019 - The Lion, the worlds only wooden hyper coaster, is put in between Pilot and Flight Deck. It is a smooth coaster and recieves lots of positive feedback. Other thing's are updated. And well, the park recieves overall improvements.

2020 - Thunder Alley is rethemed with race car themed stuff. More themeing is added to Space Base.

2021 - Not much this year, as the park is preparing for season number 50! The park announces 4 new rides and many other additions will be added to the park.

2022 - he park celebrates it's 50th anniversary. Wingman, a wing coaster, is added. A Maverick style coaster is added. A small, family roller coaster is added, outside of Planet Snoopy. A Ferris Wheel is put into Coney Mall. A new show celebrating the 50 years of KI is added. Other stuff celebrating the 50th are added.

Well, also, new shows, food places, Haunt replacements, and all that get put in here somewhere. Well, that's what I want to plan!