Vote For Kings Island in the Travel Channel's Insane Coaster Wars

BoddaH1994

Three Kings Island coasters will be in the running for being the most popular coasters in their categories on the Travel Channel's new mini-series, set to debut July 8th.

From Kings Island's Inside Track:

Three Kings Island roller coasters will be featured in the upcoming Travel Channel series “Insane Coaster Wars", which debuts July 8.

The Beast will compete in the “Splintering Speedsters” category, Diamondback in “Extreme Heights” and Vortex in “Wrong Way Up".

Before the series airs, Kings Island fans can vote for their favorites online. The winner in each category will be announced at the conclusion of each episode.

A one-hour series finale of “Insane Coaster Wars” will air August 12, and will reveal the 10 roller coasters with the most votes. Voting is now underway at www.travelchannel.com.

You can vote by following the link below:

http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/family/articles/insane-coaster-wars

I can attest to the fact that Voyage is running incrediblly smooth. I was there this past Saturday for opening day, and the ride was absolutely amazing. My girlfriend called it her favorite coaster, hands down. It was much improved over last year, thats for sure.

I continue to hear wonderful things about the Voyage and its retracking that it went under this offseason. If The Beast was smoothed out this well this past offseason, I cannot wait until Holiwood Nights to test the Voyage out and see how smooth it is running. I have heard nothing but much praise about the work that was put in this offseason on the Voyage!

Heck, I thought the Voyage was running pretty rough in 2006. If it's running better than it was new then I'll have to get down to Santa Clause and give it a try! I imagine I'll take a couple trips around on the Raven while at it.

(emphasis mine)

You can probably find that on Netflix.

• 1 month later...

Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells will also be featured on the water park show. In my opinion The Ark is a very underrated park and is truly one of the best in the country. Sadly, things have taken a turn for the worse with this new ownership from Palace Entertainment and I am concerned for the park's future.

Aftershock beat both Montu and Alpengeist for the hang em high trophy...? I know this is a "fan Voting system" but one has to think was travel channel trying to get people to go to idaho? Not sure how a simple boomerang coaster beats two of the best inverted coasters on the planet.

I was surprised by both winners tonight.

- While I enjoyed Apollos Chariot, I wouldn't have expected it to beat SheiKra and have heard great things about Afterburn.

- Montu is one of my favorite inverts, Alpengeist is also amazing. I've heard nothing but great reviews of Manta. Yet they are all beaten by a Boomerang - hmmm

Wondering where each appears in Mitch's poll. Edit to add 2010 poll data:

- AC 22, SheiKra 23, Afterburn 31, Medusa 64

- Montu 20, Manta 30, Alpie 47, Aftershock (not rated but ~200 in '08 and '09)

^True. I also forgot to vote, so I am mad at myself. And I was rooting for Afterburn, because it's the only one of the first 4 I've ridde. They also said Afterburn had the most G's. As for the other, again, how did a giant boomerang win? I'm not saying there bad rides, but I was thinking Montu or Alpengeist (The tallest inverted?) would beat out Aftershock.

All I saw tonight was the wooden coaster show, having ridden 3 of the 4 being shown in the show I think for the most part the got it right. I would have loved to have seen The Beast win more than anything in the world. Did anyone else find it funny that 3 of the 4 coasters were within driving distance of each other?

Small Town, Big City - I guess it comes down to perspective (what are you comparing it against) and definitions (what is dividing line between small, medium, large).

Having lived in the ~80,000 population city of Albany, GA - Many would call that an example of small town America. Then again, Cincinnati is considered a small market city from a sports perspective.

For reference, Mason has a population of about 30,000 - but bills itself as the largest city in Warren County. I'm not sure I disagree with the assessment of it being a small town - the only issue is that it is so contiguous with the rest of the greater Cincinnati area that it's hard to see it on its own.