What is the most exciting change at Kings Island in 2012?

BoddaH1994

Definitely the new direction of management. The other changes are one-time things; you get excited over them at first, but the excitement quickly fades away as you get used to it. The new direction of management, on the other hand, will continue to effect positive changes for hopefully years to come if things continue the way they're going.

I could probably vote for all of these choices, but I have to agree with jcgoble3, the new direction of managment is very exciting. Why, even the president of Cedar Fair will talk to random park-goers.

I don't think Kinzel would have ever dared to talk to us.

I could probably vote for all of these choices, but I have to agree with jcgoble3, the new direction of managment is very exciting. Why, even the president of Cedar Fair will talk to random park-goers.

I don't think Kinzel would have ever dared to talk to us.

Kinzel talked. He was good at it and loved listening to him talk. It was listening he wasn't so good at.

• Like 1

New direction.........new CEO of Cedar Fair, now giving more freedom of general managers. If you have been to the park lately you will notice a big change in everything. Things are becoming more "Kings Island" and not so much "Cedar Fair". Remember how Paramount had their name on EVERYTHING. Everything was the same, now we are seeing a shift, of course we did when CF took over, in uniforms and areas of the park. Signs, ect. The food choices are amazing, new menus for all stands, new games, better and specialized uniforms. Simply go to the park and you will understand "New direction of management". Greg Shied is now the actual manager and not just the puppet for the head quarters. Also along the lines of Greg I feel he has finally become comfortable in the park and feels as if it were his own now. It takes time to leave a park that you worked at for so long and to have that park be your sister park. You can see a major shift which I am so happy for.

I cannot make a pure decision on SC due to that i loved BB and well, a good decision cannot be made at the time. I really think that the Ride motion on Stunt Coaster is getting back to the old state.

• 1 month later...

I don't even think any of the changes were that exciting. I hate Soak City, the look and feel of Boomerang Bay was way better, new retail locations just means more places to waste your money on overpriced junk, and I could care less about an educational mini-movie about dinosaurs.

The "overpriced junk" is what enables to park to turn a profit and invest in new rides and there are lots of families with their children that enjoy the mini-movie about the dinosaurs.

FastLane is a very simple investment! takes what a penny for each wristband and they can make at least $50 on each customer. more money= more rides, more rides=(most of the time) more money/guests. really though each year we havent gain any rides.

2009 got DB but SOB got shutdown, 2010 we lost Nick, 2011 got WS and lost Spoungebob, 2012 we lost The Crypt. (yes i know we got major waterpark improvements but im talking about the ki side) really we are down one ride.