FANTASTIC change to The Racer!

RD Reynolds

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I LOVE the change to The Racer! Basically, instead of choosing before entering the que if you are going red or blue, you go to the station and choose a side. The giant wall separating the sides is gone, and while that may sound incredibly minor, it's not, especially if you are going with a group of three or more.

What we did is simple, but so fun - my son and my buddy's son went to the blue racer. My and my buddy went to the red. We lined up so we were in the exact same position, but on different trains. As we went up the hill we were yelling at each other about how we were going to 'win'. The kids were laughing their heads off, and it added so, so much to the ride.

THANK YOU, Kings Island! A very minor modification that made a great ride a lot better!

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I LOVE the change to The Racer! Basically, instead of choosing before entering the que if you are going red or blue, you go to the station and choose a side. The giant wall separating the sides is gone, and while that may sound incredibly minor, it's not, especially if you are going with a group of three or more.

What we did is simple, but so fun - my son and my buddy's son went to the blue racer. My and my buddy went to the red. We lined up so we were in the exact same position, but on different trains. As we went up the hill we were yelling at each other about how we were going to 'win'. The kids were laughing their heads off, and it added so, so much to the ride.

THANK YOU, Kings Island! A very minor modification that made a great ride a lot better!

They have the same line that Gemini does now.

^ Which, in the opinions of at least two members on here, is a pretty good thing!

I love the change. The Racer station went from being pretty cramped and annoying on busy-ish days to flowing pretty nicely. You can actually get to the back of the station most times now. Thanks, KI!

I would like to echo these sentiments and add that I think it's GREAT how the park/crew is actually putting the extra effort into RACING trains on The Racer! It completely changes the ride--for the better--and everyone I've talked to who has ridden it this season agrees.