Gold Pass/Kroger Gift Cards

S&EMom

My daughter's boyfirend and sister want to purchase passes for this summer. We are encouraging them to get gold passes (we have platinum) for the best benefits (ERT, parking, etc.). Always trying to save some $$, I am thinking I can purchase KI Season Pass gift cards at Kroger and they can use these to purchase gold passes, adding the necessary cash to upgrade to gold. I figure I'll get about $7.00 savings in gas points for each pass purchased($.20 per gallon x 35 gallons--we bring 2 cars per fill up). Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to purchase passes on line with gift cards.\

The $99.99 KI prepaid cards at Kroger are gold memberships, as long as you process them on/before May 28. And they do qualify for double fuel points.

This is preferable to purchasing online, as there's no $5 processing fee and no buggy flash-based Accesso store to deal with.

• Like 1

I figure I can wait until next Sunday's Kroger flyer comes out. I found the display at my local Krogers' with the gold pass cards. I had missed it when looking previously and only found regular season passes on display. I'm planning to pass on whatever gas discount I get to them, as they need it more than I do.

Just learned Kroger offering 4x points on Kings Island Gift Cards from May 21-June17 (must purchase gold pass by May 28). Unfortunately my daughter and friends plan to go down Saturday, so we'll just get 2x points. Story of my life.....

So I went to Krogers this afternoon, purchased two adult pass gift cards from a special display advertising gold passes for $99. I paid $99 for both cards. My daughter who is spending the night at a rugby teammates home, just called to make sure the cards are for gold passes. The cards say they are regular passes. I looked at my receipt and it says "KNGS ISL REG $99." I sure hope they don't have problems processing them as gold passes tomorrow. She is stopping by the house before they head down to KI to get a copy of the receipt (and her just-printed Fun Perks All-Day Drinks Wristband--yay!). Since they have to go tomorrow, I didn't get to take advantage of Kroger's 4x gas points deal that runs from May 21 to June 17 (I think). The KI gift card purchase did put us over the $1 off/gallon mark. We took 3 cars and got 35 gallons of gas. Next step is to renew granddaughters gold pass (with 4x points). I'm assuming I can do this at the Kroger Service Desk. Anything to save a buck....

Season passes aren't sold in Columbus area stores. Stop at the Kroger on Kings Mills Rd (if you go I-71) or at the junction of US-42 and the 42 bypass (if you go US-42). You'll save $0.40/gallon on fuel for each pass if you buy it on/after May 21. Obviously, you need to do so before May 28.