Soak City VIP

jdawg1998

Oh and a very special thanks to KI and KIPR for keeping some of the Australian and Boomerang Bay items such as in the surfside supplies, the panneling to Soak City, and on CCC., also for the new signs for the ride instructions and restroom/changing room signs being australian like. You guys are the best, thanks so much!

I was there most of the day. I loved the new action river. The entrance has been moved about halfway around the course from where it was and it is now a zero-depth entry pool instead of steps. Plus it appeared that they were letting people take as many laps as they wanted, but that may have something to do with the lack of any wait. On the bridge near what used to be Down Under Thunder (the group of four slides) are buckets that you can fill with water and dump on the people below you, along with a sprayer. I probably spent an hour soaking people with those. I briefly went into the new wave pool early in the day, but at the time it appeared that the waves weren't working right (they didn't come on sometimes, and the one time they did turn on while I was there they only stayed on for about 20 seconds. I didn't go back later to see if they fixed it. Overall, it was pretty good.

When I go to a waterpark, I expect to get soaked, and sometimes unexpectedly. The people on the action river that were the most puzzling to me were those that were trying to avoid getting wet. People were covering and hiding their face and even using empty tubes as shields. I made those people my primary targets.

• Like 2

Literally, not figuratively. I paid $4.25 for a waterproof container and put my cash, pass, driver license, and spare car key in it and stuffed it in the side pocket of my swim trunks. Everything else, such as my shirt, sandals, glasses, and phone, got locked in the trunk of my car, which was within 100 yards of the entrance.

Now, when I go to Holiwood Nights in two weeks, I'll gladly pay for a locker because 1) my car will be in the campground next door and thus harder to access, 2) the waterpark cannot be directly accessed from the parking lot like KI's Soak City can, and most importantly 3) they only charge $5, which is a reasonable price.

Went to Soak City yesterday and had a wonderful day. I loved the new wave pool and felt that the waves exceeded expectations. Also, I thought it was a nice touch having little tables by your chair to put your drinks on. Only criticism that I expressed to management was the music-need beach music like The Beach Boys and Jan and Dean as backround music. All and all, Soak City Rocks. Nice work KI.

12 dollars for a locker? No thank you, we shall take our chances! We put our stuff next to some nice family and didnt have any problem. I will buy a waterproof bag to hold my car key,credit card,etc. next time. If the lockers were under 7 dollars i would have rented one. I would believe there losing money at this price but what would i know? This was our first trip to Kings Islands waterpark. I heard this from the oldest, "I dont wanna ride anymore slides,im tired of walking,lets just hang out in the wave pool". There is a bit to much ground to cover at Soak City for kids.I enjoy the long walks myself (burning calories!). Action River doesnt have a wave machine??? It doesnt look like it was designed to handle one but when you add action to its title, i was expecting one. I did love the volleyball set up, the little one for the kids is so funny. Over all we had alot of fun and its really cool to take the train.

12 dollars for a locker? No thank you, we shall take our chances! We put our stuff next to some nice family and didnt have any problem. I will buy a waterproof bag to hold my car key,credit card,etc.

This, I would not recommend. If you do that, use plastic grocery bags, and wear old clothes and bring old towels that you don't fear losing. Anyone wearing glasses would do themselves good to pack them in said waterproof case. Anything with any emotional value, leave at home, or at least in the car. Don't wear shoes worth more than twenty dollars.

I took a chance on a nice family...... once.

I'd suspect a 12 dollar locker fee would prompt people to stay longer in the waterpark, to get their rental's worth.

I can tell you from experience that leaving your stuff laying around the park is not a good idea. Towels, sandals, shirts, etc. usually aren't bothered, but more valuable things are. I left my clothes in a backpack behind a random tree with my sandals and towel last year and the backpack vanished - containing my clothes, glasses, wallet, keys and cell phone. Fortunately for me the backpack turned up at Lost and Found the next day, and I only lost what little cash I had in my wallet, but that was not a fun time for me. From now on I will either leave the valuable stuff locked in the car (and out of site of course) or in a locker (though from the sound of things it will not be a locker in BB - it will either be one of the $2-an-hour ones by FoF or the ones by WWC (not sure if those are also $2-an-hour or not)).

I went down the the park on Saturday. So let's take a walk starting at the entrance. The new entrance is amazing, landscaping is great. The new fencing is very nice, feels very inviting. I love the new paint jobs, everything is colorful and not dull in the least. The new signs are great, the names I think are nice. Some generic, like breakers bay, same as Cedar Point. But I like the names. The new wave pool, is amazing. Free tubes, I was told by a lifeguard that if you see a tube by someones chair you are allowed to take it. They do not have the right to keep it to themselves since they did not pay for it, so I did. The waves are bigger than I expected. Not as great as the Beach's wave but then again it is different machines, and deeper. I like the fountains and sprayers on the edges of the pool. Now as far as the action river, I did not like it. I LOVED IT. I love the new entrance, the colors, landscape. I got a good sunburn too, not as bad as lasts years from the Beach. Funny enough was the same day one year ago. Overall I was very happy with the park. Cannot wait to see what the park does to Action Zone next year. Saving the best for last, and from the overhaul they gave BB it will be big and great. So......in comparison to the Beach, Kings Island's Soak City is so much better.

Well no matter what im still going to watch Crocodile Dundee going up to KI, never been able to finish it going up, and i will still call all of the rides what they were last year. One thing many have not talked about is that this is almost an replica of BB in Santa Clara, the zig zag design on the MIc's Surfside Supplies was used at BB on the changing rooms, and the waves were used at the enterance, reuse of BB material A+

• 5 months later...

On the bridge near what used to be Down Under Thunder (the group of four slides) are buckets that you can fill with water and dump on the people below you, along with a sprayer. I probably spent an hour soaking people with those.

Well, I'm really late to this thread, but at least I now know who to blame for dumping a bucket of water on me that day.

• Like 3