question

Jdub2012

Hello, I will be visiting KI next monday and tuesday the 21st and 22nd. This will be my first trip to KI EVER and i cannot wait lol...just wondering what everyone thinks the crowds will be like for these days? Long wait times? Any information you could provide would be great THANKS!!!

Good days for a smaller crowd. Get there at 10am and stay for the fireworks at 8pm. Enjoy!

As the poster above me stated, they only have fireworks when the park is open until 10pm or later. If they close at 8pm, there will not be any fireworks.

That depends, due to that some schools get out on friday, so you truely just never know, have fun!

Pretty much no schools get out that early, I don't think. That's a bit too early...I doubt there will be any crowds at all - Monday I wil also be going to the park after school to see the crowds!

That depends, due to that some schools get out on friday, so you truely just never know, have fun!

Pretty much no schools get out that early, I don't think. That's a bit too early...I doubt there will be any crowds at all - Monday I wil also be going to the park after school to see the crowds!

A buddy of mine at Ryle High is getting out tomorrow. So i have proof for my reasons!

There are several Northeastern Kentucky schools (within 90 miles of KI) that are already on summer break, my nephew is one of them. The remaining majority of them will be getting out next week.

Go back to school August 8th + very mild winter = Out of school May 15th

There are several Northeastern Kentucky schools (within 90 miles of KI) that are already on summer break, my nephew is one of them. The remaining majority of them will be getting out next week.

Go back to school August 8th + very mild winter = Out of school May 15th

Wow, that's insane. August 8 is way too early to start school - that's still summer!

Thanks everyone for the input...I just hope my first trip to KI isnt ruined by large crowds...if they are Monday I am going to buy a fast pass Tuesday...but from what everyone says we should be good...cant wait!!!! will be sure to post a trip report when i get back on wednesday.

Why c'mon, really, Jdawg? These kids get the same amount of time out of school as you. Do you really think going to a less crowded park in May when it's 75 degrees outside is any worse than going to a much more crowded park in August when it's 90 degrees outside?

I graduated 20 years ago and we always went back at least 2-3 weeks before Labor day. It really paid off this time of year when we were out for summer break and my parents would take us on vacation. Hotel rates were cheaper (gasoline usually was too) and amusement parks, beaches and other attractions were far less crowded before Memorial day.

The only time I ever remember going to school in June was 1985 (5th grade). It snowed so much that winter that we only went to school 6 days total in January and February combined. Now that really sucked, having to make up all those days. No spring break, no days off for holidays and we had to go to school on Saturday and we still didn't get out until June 18th. We did get out for a couple days when the basketball team went to the state tournament, I mean it was Kentucky after all and high school and college basketball does qualify as a religious service....lol