Any trip tips for Holiday World?

I am heading to Holiday World in a few weeks. Besides the obvious The Big 3 (coasters) Is there anything that I need to make sure and not miss?

Tips on places to eat, attractions to hit, shows, ect?

Any advice would be appreciated.

My trip is June 3rd and June 4th. Do I do Kings Island Sunday, then Holiday World Monday or vice versa?

Pilgrim's Plunge and Liberty Launch are must rides, and sorry to say, but that's about all worth riding on the dry side...in Splashin' Safari - which you HAVE to go to - ride Mammoth, Wildebeest, Zinga, and Jungle Racers.

In my opinion the waterpark is better than the dry park and you should spend most of your time at the waterpark - you'll be done with the dry side very fast, unless you like riding carnival rides like Revolution, Scarecrow Scrambler, etc.

Have fun.

For food, I recommend the Plymouth Rock Café. You can get a Thanksgiving-type meal consisting of a main dish, two sides, and bread for just $10, or add a third side for $1.50 more.

Their Scrambler is interesting to watch or ride as it's manually operated, which isn't common to my understanding.

As others above me have mentioned, Pilgrim's Plunge and Liberty Launch are great on the dry side of the park. Pilgrim's Plunge can also be accessed from the waterpark in your swimsuit if you'd rather not get your clothes wet.

• Like 1

As for food, I highly recommend pizza at Kringles Kafe in the Christmas section. I don't know what it is, but everytime I go I CRAVE it. At a relatively low cost might I add. If memory serves me right, you can get a combo with a slice of pizza, fries, and a small pack of Oreo cookies for $6. Of course with free drinks, its a good deal IMO. And for dessert, Udderly Blue's ice cream is fantastic. I get a blue waffle cone every time. Its great.

Now ride wise, obviously the coasters take the cake. With the Voyage running much much smoother after all of the trackwork this season, it takes the top spot. But for the flats, you cannot miss the Liberty Launch. It packs a good punch for its size, as others have said. The Scrambler, Raging Rapids, Revolution, Gobbler Getaway, and the HallowSwings are all rides I never miss. Some of these aren't the most "thrilling" but I always enjoy them.

In my opinion, Splashin' Safari is a great part of the park to visit even if your not normally a waterpark lover. They have something for everyone there. Rides to not miss in here are: Mammoth (which I have yet to ride, unfortunately.), Wildebeest, Pilgrims Plunge, Jungle Racers, Zinga, ZOOMbabwe, and Bakuli. The Bahari Wave Pool and Lazy River are also nice places to go to cool off. Honestly, I could spend a whole day in the waterpark.

I hope this helps you out a little, have fun! :D

• Like 1

Thank you all for the responses. I plan on having a great time. I hope it warms up a little for the water park side. I go early June (fingers crossed)

Next part of my question: HW on Sunday and KI on Monday, or should I wait for HW on a Monday?

From where I am traveling, it doesn't make much of a difference in travel time to each park, just the least busiest day for Holiday World and Kings Island

From my experience, Holiday World doesn't get excessively busy until July and August for some reason. Early June seems like a great time to go, even on a weekend. It shouldn't be "too" busy. Now as for Kings Island, going on a Monday may be much more beneficial than going on a Sunday.

So I recommend Holiday World on Sunday and Kings Island on Monday.

Another word of advice for you: At HW, go to the waterpark earlier. Because around lunchtime, when the sun is beating on people, guests tend to flock to the waterpark. Therefore, you get shorter lines in the waterpark and the shorter lines in the dry side as well!

Tackle Kings Island on Monday and Holiday World on Sunday. Holiday World is the smaller park, so crowds don't matter as much.

At Holiday World, Splashin' Safari is usually packed from lunchtime to the end of the day. The dry side is crowded for a couple hours after opening and a couple hours well into the afternoon (as the evening guests arrive). My advice would be to get the wet side of the park taken care of early, but it could be pretty inconvenient to walk around smelling like chlorine all day.

One day is plenty of time to do everything at Holiday World, and I recommend trying EVERYTHING. Liberty Launch is awesome, and the traditional flat rides have a really nice touch to them (the Chairswings in the Halloween section are fun!). Plymouth Rock Cafe gets a lot of recommendations, but I've never ate there. Kringles Cafe sells pizza which is usually pretty tasty.

The coasters run better later in the day, and shouldn't be missed at night. The Raven in the back seat at night should NOT be missed. Catch this before you leave.

I have been during the summer and to me I like spending the first hour of my time in the park on the dry side (The only side that is open). I then grab a locker and head to the water park for a good amount of the day. I eat in the water park just either chicken fingers, or pizza and fries and two oreo cookies. I usually leave the waterpark and hour before it closes then head back to the dry park and ride until it closes. It usually works out really well. I will say some of the water rides get long lines (enough to dry off before riding again) but I have only been during the weekends. A weekday seems like it could be the perfect day to go. I like the dive show they have. Hopefully they are having it again this year as well. Anyways Enjoy HW. Its a park that you should take in as a whole.