Hows invertigo and flight of fear like?

stashua123

Ive been to Kings Island last year but never ridden Invertigo and i chickened out on Flight of Fear so what are those two like rough? or smooth. Good or Bad? is worth the wait or is it bad. i just need info because im going to ki soon an going to ride these

Well it just depends on what you like as a coaster enthusiast!

Flight of Fear is a launched coaster that is surprisingly smooth and gives a great ride. Lots of twists and turns and even a roll at the end! Makes you feel like you are on a space ship that has been hit. The launch sound makes people frightened but its not bad at all. Ride waits for this ride can be extremely long in the middle of the day. Try and get this one early in the morning.

Invertigo is a great ride if you like the face to face coaster feeling and going backward. This can be jerky for first time riders but if you like Vortex than you will like Invertigo. The line for this ride can be long so i would try and get this one early or late

Keep your head forward during the FOF launch, or you'll get a killer earache, and don't mind that yipping sound like a chihuahua, that's people screaming as they go by very quickly. FOF is one of my favorites, it's smooth and has some great surprises, but during that launch, I'm like "it's only a second, it's only a second." First time I rode it, I thought it was going to be that fast through the whole thing.

Invertigo I save for the last ride of the night, I think it's because, as suspended coaster, the spin axis is at my head! and I'm a little dizzy afterwards.

My two cents:

Flight of Fear

I've been on this one 4 times- it's a great ride, but it seems it cannot decide on being smooth or rough...seat choice matters a lot here. I've been exactly 50-50 (2 very smooth rides, and 2 painful ones) on this whenever I ride it. One of my FOF rides, in fact, happens to be the most painful ride I ever had at Kings Island (then again, I never got to ride Son of Beast so...). But, in spite of this, it is also an epic ride and one of the rides I will wait in a 1+ hour line for at Kings Island- rough or not. The theming is well done and the pre-ride is awesome. But, be sure to LOL at the outdated 1996 computers! :P

Invertigo

This ride I have only done once, and for a reason- it's not worth much more than a 30 minute wait, and it usually has at least that. If you want to go upside down 6 times, Vortex is probably a better (and time saving) choice. However, in the event you do get a short wait for it, Invertigo is still worth riding. It's a intense, forceful ride and it is fun to watch other riders scream their FACES OFF ;) ...just not worth more than a 30-minute wait. This one can be a bit rough too, or so I've heard, but my ride on it in 2010 was pretty smooth- save a few minor bumps.

Personally I don't think Invertigo is worth a long wait; if it's under 25-30 minutes or so, okay. It's a fun coaster but I only go on it if it's a shorter wait, which is still longer than some coasters because of its single train. With FoF, I feel like it's worth the wait, plus most of the line is indoors, so on hot days it's nice to have a break from the heat while you wait. As far as the coasters themselves, let me say this: my mom is a big chicken when it comes to rides, but Invertigo and FoF are the two coasters she loves. Once I got her on them, she was hooked. As long as you're okay with going upside down several times and don't mind a little jerkiness/roughness, you should be fine. I notice I do get a little dizzy once FoF stops sometimes, but other than that it doesn't bother me.

Flight of Fear is my favorite roller coaster at Kings Island. For the first ten seconds of the ride, it's nearly impossible to tell if you're upside down or not, and when the colored lights are in inside the "spaghetti bowl" (you'll understand why it's called that after your first ride) it's an especially spectacular experience.