Delirium Acting strangely?

homestar92

I was at the park on Wednesday of this week, and I noticed something off about Delirium. I noticed that at the apex of its swing, at the point where it changed direction, it seemed almost like the ride was "skipping" if that makes any sense. Like, instead of changing direction smoothly, it seemed to jump a few times. And I don't know if it's related or not, but for the first time ever, I left the ride with a headache after that cycle. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon, or am I just crazy?

It's been discussed on here quite a bit that people feel a tug in Delirium when it changes direction. Some people say it's been that way from the beginning, others say it's new. Like most new HUSS rides and all Giant HUSS rides, it's a fickle contraption.

I've felt that mechanical jerk several times over the years while riding Delirium; it's not new. I've also been on it while it was in the process of breaking down, so to speak, the controlled swing giving way to a free swing while letting out a quite audible groan.

The tugging has NOT been there from the very beginning. It seems to come and go on Delerium, never noticed it on MaXair. Last year when the ride was broken down for a good 3 weeks, the tug was gone after it was re-opened. Assuming the tug is related to why the ride has so much downtime, it makes you wonder why they don't just replace the often defective part during the offseason so the ride doesn't have to sit there closed for a good chunk of the summer.

I was at the park on Wednesday of this week, and I noticed something off about Delirium. I noticed that at the apex of its swing, at the point where it changed direction, it seemed almost like the ride was "skipping" if that makes any sense. Like, instead of changing direction smoothly, it seemed to jump a few times. And I don't know if it's related or not, but for the first time ever, I left the ride with a headache after that cycle. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon, or am I just crazy?

The ride swings? I never knew that. Lol. Joking.

• 1 month later...