Delirium Acting strangely?

homestar92

I think the best option for KI at this point would be to go ahead and order the necessary parts. That way they'll have them on hand (or at least on the way) when the parts do eventually go out.

That would be alot of parts. :)

I meant whatever parts are necessary to fix the gear issue that seems to plague the ride every couple of seasons.

Delirium still down last night, Invertigo was going thru some test runs when I got there around 6:00 pm, and had riders by the end of the night. Zephyr (? the large circular swing by The Racer) was down and being repaired in the evening, and finally Vortex was shut down for repair prior to closing.

the seems to be having more maintance issues this season than last, or perhaps I'm just noticing them more often.

Does Huss always have these problems with their "Giant" variants? I'll admit that it is a very impressive ride! Watching it swing over the midway and seeing the sun glisten off the carriage as it swings up when you look at it from the parking lot. It's sad that after it's first year it encountered so many problems....

In a word, yep.

Their Giant rides have pretty good capacity when they work (which is, of course, their selling point to a park the size of Cedar Point where a "regular" frisbee wouldn't cut it) but I've never been on a "Giant" version that's anywhere near as fun as the "regular" version. I enjoy Delirium / maXair tremendously but on a "regular" frisbee, you do NOT get that "This is peaceful and relaxing, and I could take a nap" feel.

For Tomb Raider, the lack of thrills was okay because the gondola's purpose was more as a "moving theater' that was later modified to feature a few more thrilling maneuvers. For The Crypt, the ride's inability to perform nimble, acrobatic moves wasn't okay, so the ride was modified again to disastrous results. Kings Dominion's regular sized top spin (while prone to occasional down time) has never had the same problems as Kings Island's.

• Like 1

I'm also thinking that Huss' sales people weren't entirely honest with whoever made the decision to purchase the "Giant" Frisbee for KI. If you look on their website, it lists the same theoretical capacity (900 riders per hour) for both the regular and the Giant models, meaning the time saved by having an extra 10 riders per cycle is wasted by having to actually load those extra 10 riders.

I had some bad luck at Cedar Point last week with breakdowns. Nearly every time I was in line for 'Dragster, Millennium, and 'Twister, they broke down. Dragster broke down about every three hours, which is crazy even for Dragster. And they weren't just 10 minute problems, they were serious breakdowns. Millennium Force was 'down for mechanical' at least three times. Wicked Twister broke down at least twice at two different times while I was in line. Disaster Transport was down for about 30 minutes due to a guest illness. Those dang Mayans, at least let us ride some rides before you wipe us out.

I walked up to Delirium's entrance today. I noticed it was being worked on so i asked the 2 ride-ops standing at the entrance when it was gonna be working? This is what i was told,"Probably not till next year but atleast another month or so". I asked what are they fixing and they didnt really know they just said "alot". They told me the park was still deciding where they were gonna work since there job isnt gonna be needed anytime soon or at all. I was shocked,i hope its not closed for the year.

Of course I do not know much about how the ride operates, but when I rode Drop Tower today, it appeared that the motors/brakes were pulled out of their usual positions at the top of the ride. They seemed to be sitting on the blue platform to the side. My guess is that it is a faulty brake or motor that needed to be replaced.

The ride ops should not be giving details as to what the problem is. When ask, they should only say is is down for maintenance and nothing else. Just like when we are ask as to what the crowd will be. Instead of saying, well it will be X thousand just say it will be a large crowd. If any media type should approach the ride ops as to the cause of the down time, it should only be down for maintenance and to direct them to the media department.

The ride ops should not be giving details as to what the problem is. When ask, they should only say is is down for maintenance and nothing else. Just like when we are ask as to what the crowd will be. Instead of saying, well it will be X thousand just say it will be a large crowd. If any media type should approach the ride ops as to the cause of the down time, it should only be down for maintenance and to direct them to the media department.

I dont recall the ride-ops giving any details as to what the problem is,unless you consider"alot" to be detailed?

Some people wonder why Delirium has so much down time...... They also go try to believe that the reason it is down is because it is broken...... The reason for Delirium being "down" sometimes is because of capacity. Delirium's ride capacity is 600 guests per-hour. Believe it or not, Sometimes Delirium surpasses 800 in 2 hours. With 50 seats and a line stretching out of the station area, 600 people is not that hard to accomplish. Maintenence workers are usually on top of Delirium to check out and inspect the bolts, screws, and other pieces just in case, Over 600 people were on it in an hour. It is required that they inspect and check the ride if over 600 guests ride Delirium in an hour.

As someone familiar with HUSS rides and ride operations I have to point out that this post is totally misleading and none of the information within is accurate.