Delirium Acting strangely?

homestar92

When I was at the park in June, exactly a month ago today, the ride shut down as we were put on, it spun, but would just barely swing...then after they got it back up & running they asked us if we wanted an additional two rides without waiting in line :D & the ride did feel extremely jerky...

Are you sure it was a crane because Many mistake Slingshot to be a crane all the time.

95% sure it wasn't the slingshot, but I know what you mean as it does kind of resemble two cranes out in that direction. Its hard to be 100% positive driving southbound on 71, if I was heading north, you get much more time to look.

Crane was down last night (as one would suspect) back up this morning as I drove past KI. Perhaps they took something down yesterday, fixed it, and put it back up? Or perhaps its unrelated to the ride and something else is going on over there in the mornings.

Hopefully, this isn't the end of the road for Delirium. But, with all the maintenance problems over the years, and this one seems to be one of the biggest, we could get the announcement sometime later this year. I hope it doesn't play out like the whole Timber Tower fiasco.

It seems as if all of our HUSS rides are doing poorly. First The Crypt, then Delirium, now Shake Rattle & Roll? I'm surprised HUSS hasn't gone bankrupt again. Why do parks still seem to buy their rides?

Also, why hasn't a Delirium been made from HUSS? (I won't even ask why a Land of the Giants hasn't been made!)

The crane was back in place this morning (it was raining too hard to know if it was up last night on the way home, heck for all I know the crane could be parked outside Delirium all of this week with only the lift boom up in the mornings)

Which seems strange, I assume KI doesn't own that crane, so they're renting it by the day or hour. You think you'd have it one morning to get whatever heavy parts you need down, then another day to get any heavy replacement parts back up. A third day seems wasteful, which tells me there has likely been unexpected delays/problems with the maintenance.

^Drop Tower was up yesterday. I don't know why, but it's been making some strange noises lately. I don't know what that's about, so would anyone want to shed light on this matter?

I don't know what's wrong with Shake Rattle & Roll, but was sorely dissappointed to find it was on the list of rides that wouldn't open. It might be routine maintenence or something, but I don't know.

It seems like the Action Zone has seen its better days, with rides we loved, in a state of repairs and down time. First the ride that must not be named (SOB) went down, the Delirium down, and now Drop Zone is in repairs. Of course, the big D and our zone of dropping will be repaired soon, our unloved son is still a mystery.

You know your zero to SoB comment was mildly amusing the first twenty or so times, but has run its course in my opinion. It is especially annoying now when you are the one bringing up SoB and then using the line. Let it rest.

• Like 11

I read a post of a ride cycle with the Gondola, or whatever you would like to call it. It states that the "jerk" may be from a half full ride?

I have never seen this, when I am there, it is always a full ride car.(maybe one or two empty seats)

I am only at the park one to two times a year, so me seeing a half full Delirium ride gondola/car may be rare??

I have also noticed only on a rare occasion, that the ride seems to swing just a little higher, than I recalled in the past. I rode it this year, and

it seemed to almost go upside down. I know that this does NOT happen, on the ride, it just seems that way.

I am only at the park one to two times a year, so me seeing a half full Delirium ride gondola/car may be rare??

I have also noticed only on a rare occasion, that the ride seems to swing just a little higher, than I recalled in the past. I rode it this year, and

it seemed to almost go upside down. I know that this does NOT happen, on the ride, it just seems that way.

When my son and I rode this back in May, we were actually observing the opposite in our opinion; that Delirium wasn't swinging to it's maximum potential and the ride seemed to not cycle equaly on both sides meaning I never once was face down at the highest point. I was always rotating facing up on the upswing and was quite bummed about this. I also didn't get the breathtaking feeling I once used to have on this with good airtime. It was quite boring and I LOVE this ride.

It really honestly depends on where you are sitting. I've noticed that from day one on Delirium. If you sit in certain spots, you feel like you have a tame ride. I think I remember reading on here a long time ago, that if you sit in the seats facing the ride op booth, you will have a more exciting ride, but don't quote me on that

It really honestly depends on where you are sitting. I've noticed that from day one on Delirium. If you sit in certain spots, you feel like you have a tame ride. I think I remember reading on here a long time ago, that if you sit in the seats facing the ride op booth, you will have a more exciting ride, but don't quote me on that

We sat facing Days of Thunder Cars in the middle between the exit and control booth.

...Also, why hasn't a Delirium been made from HUSS? (I won't even ask why a Land of the Giants hasn't been made!)

"MaXair?" he asked helpfully...

Not Kings Island Delirium, this Delirium!

Well, you didn't say Huss Delrium it was.

Terp, whose father called him blabbermouth sometimes Dad would have loved calling his son MaXair!

I don't understand how that translates to "Not made by HUSS"...